Niagara Falls

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Niagara Falls

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am

http://www.pedigreequery.com/niagara+falls5

2nd year stallion here in Northern California. The female family of 1982 broodmare of the year Best In Show.
By Giant's Causeway, 1st dam by Kingmambo, 2nd by Sadlers Wells. Lots of class for a NorCal.
Reminds me of El Gran Senor or Compliance with the Northern Dancer over Best In Show.
Quite the fancy pants pedigree. Sent him a mare, hope I get a El Gran Senor.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Re: Niagara Falls

Postby Tappiano » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Given his pedigree he attracted little interest at the sales. Do you think it's because he has conformational faults?
That's an expensive investment to make given that you do have some kind of idea where your mares foals have been on the track.

Good luck to you :)

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:23 am

He has had no foals at the sales, as his first foals will be 2017 so you must be somewhat confused, and he has very nice conformation. Good luck to you too Stacy, looks like you could use some luck too. :D

I'd be glad to give you some advice on what would work with Another G. Just ask. :)

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

She may have been talking about HIM at the sales - $195,000 weanling price and then $95,000 RNA as a yearling. My guess is that was where she was going.
From his race record it's hard to see why he went to stud.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 am

Yes that's what I meant, HIS sales value not the value of his foals. If he had sold for 500K then it would stand to reason he had clean xrays and great conformation. You tout him as this amazing specimen worth every penny of the thousands you'll spend to get a foal on the ground and to the races compared to using a commercially viable stallion that might get you some money back on what you're spending. My time as a breeder and owner is spent trying to make money, it's not a hobby.

They also went cheap and didn't even include a picture of him in the Cali stallion register, do you have a picture of him Jeff?

I don't own the mare, Jeff :lol: but in any event, I probably would decline :wink: your advice as your thought process is very different than mine. For what it's worth she's now in California and due any day.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:11 pm

A son of Giant's Causeway from a Blue Hen female family, considering GC considered a sire of sires, quite reasonable that be would end up at stud. A good physical speciman who sold for 195,000 first time around, not bad. Kentucky snobs of course hostile towards California stallions. California thoroughbreds in general. Remember California Chrome ground all those Kentucky breds into the ground. :) Just remember, you don't own, havn't bred any great runners, but sitting in tbe Kentucky bred snob section makes you all feel superior about yourselves, hope it feels good for you.