Rocking Trick

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Diane

Rocking Trick

Postby Diane » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Sorry to see Rocking Trick for sale on Equinenow.com

ak1
Allowance Winner

Postby ak1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Ditto...hoping he lands in great hands who love him just as much.

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:02 pm

It's the wise breeder who doesn't let sentiment interfere with good judgment.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Might make a good buy for someone looking to breed some performance horses. I know Madelyn's done some basic dressage work with him and he seems to have a good temperament.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Looking at his offspring on pedigreequery, doesn,t look like he's really been given a chance
He certanly has the race record.and breeding, he should have had more and better mares.

He should have some line bred Storm Cat test babies, see if they can run.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Re: Rocking Trick

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:49 pm

OH NO! Madelyn!! Rocky is for sale? Or sold? I have a very beautiful Storm Cat granddaughter that was doing well until she freaked in the starting gate, smashed her pretty red blazed face on the gate, broke some teeth, and gashed open her chest, and they STILL did not scratch her! (we could not see or we would have immediately!) We made the decision to not put her through that again ourselves, as they do indeed remember being hurt. And we are somewhat close to you. Shoot.... Hope you are well Madelyn, you work so hard for the good of the horses :) Otherwise I know of a palomino breeder that would love her like we do, and the red horses with a cremello or palomino usually mean a golden horse. Still would love to see one on the track. Our friend Paul has Chief White Fox and he finally won, good looking colt, have photos of him right after he was born and Paul had saved his mother (the jerks that owned her were going to "put her on the truck") if you all know what that means just because she hurt her ankle. We were going to buy her but Paul adopted her and she rewarded him with a pure white colt. :)
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon May 05, 2014 10:35 am

Rocking Trick was sold in January and is now in Texas. I believe he is standing to TB's and QH's. I have drastically modified my methodology and scaled back. I am breeding three mares this year.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi Madelyn, I'm so sorry that you sold him, the photos of him you had sent me showed how gorgeous he is. I know it must have been hard for you to sell, and I wish you the very best with the 3 new ones. Hope you are doing well and healthy too!
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri May 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Sorry he didn't work out for you Madelyn - but regroup and move on is the way of life in this business. he might yet sire something special take care

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Thu May 25, 2017 11:06 am

Hi, Madelyn... I thought Rocking Trick was your former stallion. I see he is up for sale in TX, just listed:
http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-1131047

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun May 28, 2017 9:30 am

Thanks yes I saw it. Yet another example of how many times I have sold a horse and given away all the propraganda and they use my photo(s) that I took of the horse when selling the horse years later. I hope he looks as good now. He must have only covered Quarter Horses I can't find him in the Report of Mares Bred for that last few years.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....