Exceptional Sire Cape Cross Dies

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Exceptional Sire Cape Cross Dies

Postby Patuxet » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 am

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... s-dies-23/

On a personal note, seeing Sea The Stars up close before, during and after his win in the 2000 Guineas ranks as a top ten experience in a life-long affair with the sport. On initial viewing only Buckpasser impressed me as much. Equine perfection personified.

Allison
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Exceptional Sire Cape Cross Dies

Postby Cree » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Hard to believe Cape Cross started out so cheap, was it 8,000 pounds?
He is the sire of one of my absolutely favourite mares ever - Ouija Board. I got to see her at Belmont and she was just so elegant and classy, my heart skipped a beat.
Cape Cross will surely live on in his son Sea The Stars, and through Ouija Board's "grand" son, Australia.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 am

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/b ... -23/282779

Cape Cross was one of my most favourite horses, he didn't survive his daddy long though.

Let's hope the line will continue to flourish.

R.I.P.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 am

[quote="Cree"]Hard to believe Cape Cross started out so cheap, was it 8,000 pounds?
He is the sire of one of my absolutely favourite mares ever - Ouija Board. I got to see her at Belmont and she was just so elegant and classy, my heart skipped a beat.
Cape Cross will surely live on in his son Sea The Stars, and through Ouija Board's "grand" son, Australia.[/quote]

Cree, the sire of Park Appeal started at 1.750 Irish Pounds in 1980 and for the Irish breeders there was a special fee of 1.500, as he stood at the Irish National Stud.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.