CTHS sales results-mistake on Hip 355?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Maureen
Allowance Winner

CTHS sales results-mistake on Hip 355?

Postby Maureen » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:17 am

Was very interested in Hip 355, a nice Hat Trick filly, but when the bidding took off and the board in the walking ring showed her zooming up to finish at $15,000, she was out of my league. Just checked the results this morning and it shows she sold for $1500! I hope this is just a typo, because if this is what she really went for I will be really p.o'd! :x I was prepared to pay upward of that for her, and had my credit all arranged.

Anyone know if this was the actual price?

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 am

It was 1,500, they had an extra zero showing on the board while that horse sold and corrected it as they dropped the hammer. I'd be real upset if I was the seller as well.

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Well, at the drop of the hammer doesn't quite cut it!!!!! We didn't even get a chance to bid, as the price went up so drastically. And I would have been furious as well, if I was the seller. The proper thing to do would have been to announce the mistake and start bidding over again. I might have actually owned her today instead of someone else. :evil:

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:34 pm

Posting for the owner of the dam of hip 355, they are looking to cut back a bit, here is the info send to me.
I can e-mail pictures of mare and can pass anyone who is interested the owners contact info

Lakewater (2003, by Salt Lake). She is 16h., correct and has no vices. She is in foal to Tejano Run on a May 5th cover. She has gotten in foal every time on one cover. We have been able to move her up 20 days over the past two years. Her bottom line traces directly to La Troienne through H.O.Y. Busher. You might still be able to see the video of the 2 year old at the Mid -Atlantic 2 year old in training sale. He had the fastest work.
too weird to live...too rare to die
www.ascotstudfarm.com

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 pm

different horse, guys! :D We were discussing a yearling. Have actually heard from the seller, who didn't get any satisfaction from the CTHS.

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 pm

I believe that Ascot is talking about the dam of the Hat Trick (o/o Lakewater) yearling you were interested in Maureen.

I'm sorry to hear that the CTHS did nothing for the seller, they were at fault as far as I could see.

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:19 am

Forgot how to read for comprehension! :D