KEE November

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

clh
Grade I Winner

KEE November

Postby clh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:00 pm

What? No one interested in this sale?

If anyone is shopping - we are selling

Allou - Hip 629
Allou/Daaher colt - Hip 2256
Laird's Honor - Hip 2859
Laird's Honor/Nobiz Like Shobiz filly - Hip 2858
McCaskill/Suave colt - Hip 4354

Also, looks like Hoopoe's (Allou/Birdstone colt) connections have him the sale - he is selling as Hip 3332.

McCaskill's filly Malibu Beach (McTapit) is in the FT November sale - Hip 98 I believe. She's selling in foal to Awesome Again.
Last edited by clh on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Wow, clh. You are really paring your numbers?? Will you only have one mare left?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

tbrace
Restricted Stakes Winner

Nice

Postby tbrace » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Nice mares - but who can breed to sell with any real hope of return?

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

madelyn wrote:Wow, clh. You are really paring your numbers?? Will you only have one mare left?

No, we won't have a mare left - McCaskill died in late May. It was quite awful for me to lose her. We will still have Slew's Night Moves who is still in training and should be back to the races soon after a lay off, and the two yearling colts (Allou/Invasor and Laird's Honor/Tueflesburg) will still be at our farm.

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:46 pm

:cry: :cry: SO Sorry to hear that!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Yes, it was pretty awful and traumatic for me. She hadn't been well since foaling and we had her 2010 colt on a nurse mare. We hoped she would improve and could have a lazy, happy retirement. I think she willed herself to foal that baby and then just gave up. I'm glad I was with her when she died though. She was creamated and her lovely "cherry box" is now in the bay window in the dining room. Took me a long time to even want to go to the barn after she died. It still seems funny her being gone and I mourn her almost daily. She was a great mare and a great mom. She was really special.

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm

clh wrote:Yes, it was pretty awful and traumatic for me. She hadn't been well since foaling and we had her 2010 colt on a nurse mare. We hoped she would improve and could have a lazy, happy retirement. I think she willed herself to foal that baby and then just gave up. I'm glad I was with her when she died though. She was creamated and her lovely "cherry box" is now in the bay window in the dining room. Took me a long time to even want to go to the barn after she died. It still seems funny her being gone and I mourn her almost daily. She was a great mare and a great mom. She was really special.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost McCaskill. It's never easy to lose one that has been with you for so long. Some may think it morbid, but I'm glad that she's in her "lovely cherry box" in the bay window. It really helps to have them near. (((hugs)))
Nu

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 am

Thas sad, my condolences.

I still remember this topic
http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13432

Possibly the best topic on this site.

RIP McCaskill

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:11 am

So sorry for your loss. It's not easy to lose one you've had for so long.

winds

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:18 pm

dublino wrote:Thas sad, my condolences.

I still remember this topic
http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13432

Possibly the best topic on this site.

RIP McCaskill

Hey, dublino - what a trip back memory lane that thread was! Thanks for bringing it back to my attention. Am glad McCaskill threw babies with personality, as McSuave (her two year old now - can you believe they named him that) was quite full of himself. Cash her Suave this year was such a mommy's boy, getting weaned really was a wake-up call for him :)

I'll be anxious to see Malibu Beach at FT. Hope I can get down there for it.

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:25 pm

very sorry to hear this, clh. Especially hard when you've had them for so long..... :-(

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 am

clh wrote:I'll be anxious to see Malibu Beach at FT. Hope I can get down there for it.

Is Malibu Beach for sale?

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:55 am

dublino wrote:
clh wrote:I'll be anxious to see Malibu Beach at FT. Hope I can get down there for it.

Is Malibu Beach for sale?

She's in the F-T November sale: http://www.fasigtipton.com/catalogs/2010/1107/98.pdf

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 pm

I will be anxious to see her - I figured when they purchased her they'd get her in foal and then "flip" her as they seem to do that alot. Then I started get work notices on her again in late summer so I thought she didn't get in foal and they were going to race her again. She showed up in the book "in foal" so I don't know if she is really preggers or not. They may be making an announcement that she is not in foal - am not sure what is up with that??? She will make someone a nice addition to their broodmare band however since I am sure her temperment has tamed with age :P :P :P

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:24 am

Just how much do you reckon she will go for?