KEEJAN mares

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

ct2346
Starters Handicap

KEEJAN mares

Postby ct2346 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:40 am

I have dutifully perused the books (getting skinnier every year - the books, that is) and have not really come up with all that much of interest. Literally turned down a total of four pages in the entire catalog. Of course there are going to be some in there (book one only) that will go too high, but in terms of interesting mares in the mid to low price range - there really isn't that much. This is supposed to be an opportunity for bargains, and I don't see this sale setting up that way.

Not enough to make me get on a plane and fly in for a week.

If you see anything that looks like a sleeper, would appreciate hearing about it.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:50 am

I think there will be plenty of bargains. Lots of those book 1 mares will probably be quite affordable.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:21 am

I was not wowed by the overall quality in the sale. There are going to be high dollar horses, dont get me wrong but I didnt see many consignors that are out in full force.

Also, prices (ave, med, etc) will be down this year compared to last year because last year was the Overbrook disp. So, I would throw out those stats before they even start.

rudydee
Maiden Special Weight

Postby rudydee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

The OUTS are now available on the Keeneland website.