2013 Fasig Tipton July Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

2013 Fasig Tipton July Sale

Postby Heidilady » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 pm

http://www.fasigtipton.com/ci/catalogue ... -July-Sale

Here's the catalogue for this year's July yearling sale. Thoughts on the pedigrees? Any hips you're looking forward to?
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:07 pm

I found the catalog weaker than in year's past. Presumably the off-set is better physicals than last year. I nominated two very correct and attractive yearlings, with pages better than 75% of this catalog, but they missed the physical cutoff. I will be very interested to see what types made it.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm interested in how the Summer Bird's do.

As well, interested in hip 22, I like her female family.

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Hip 191, a Bellamy Road-Affirmed Dancer colt looked like a million bucks and went for $420,000. So far the highest selling colt in the sale. Didn't see the Desert Party filly that went for $460,000 but she must've looked pretty good. I was casually watching and my brain snapped to when 191 walked into the ring. Couldn't stop thinking about Affirmed. Sometimes they just have a certain charisma and I guess we know where he inherited his from.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -road-colt

ETA: He went to Mandy Pope. I agree with her assessment, definitely felt like a Derby horse type.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:12 pm

More of Daddys money well spent............ :roll:

Why can't my job be advising a dumb rich broad who inherited her money..... 8)

I have more chance of being your next President than this horse winning a Derby, unless they are putting one on at Disney World?
Edited by Moderator

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Postby Affirmed1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:31 pm

[quote="dublino"]More of Daddys money well spent............ :roll:

I have more chance of being your next President than this horse winning a Derby, unless they are putting one on at Disney World?[/quote]

As Dublino has noted elsewhere on this forum, he has quite the way with the ladies. He is positive and diplomatic as well. :twisted:

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm

dublino wrote:More of Daddys money well spent............ :roll:

I have more chance of being your next President than this horse winning a Derby, unless they are putting one on at Disney World?

His odds are something like 1 in 30,000 or whatever the foal crop was that year. I'd say that's better than our calling you El Presidente. ;)

If nothing else, he's quite a beautiful (albeit expensive) lawn ornament.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:55 am

I like that El Presidente, I always thought I would make a good dictator.

Some have called me a dic in the past, must be short for Dictator. :wink:
Edited by Moderator

jim10366
Weanling

Postby jim10366 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Its amazing That Bellamy road colt only went for 400 change and the keenland guy is ecstatic

How far the market has fallen. I remember not too long ago where this sale was live on tvg ....when the forces of ballydoyle and godolphin collided on every storm cat and unbridled song went for 2 plusmillion

Back when satish sanan was still paying Lukas a fee to flush his money down the toilet this horse would have gotten a million bucks

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:12 pm

jim10366 wrote:Its amazing That Bellamy road colt only went for 400 change and the keenland guy is ecstatic

How far the market has fallen. I remember not too long ago where this sale was live on tvg ....when the forces of ballydoyle and godolphin collided on every storm cat and unbridled song went for 2 plusmillion

Back when satish sanan was still paying Lukas a fee to flush his money down the toilet this horse would have gotten a million bucks

Aside from the fact that times have changed in almost every industry, the FT July sale (where this colt sold) is not Saratoga or Keeneland September book 1. And Bellamy Road (stud fee 20K) is no Storm Cat (last stud fee 300k.)