Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Keeneland November Sale
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline
Eclipse Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:29 pm
Posts: 2417
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... er-catalog

Groupie Doll and Eblouissante will be part of this sale. I'm going be clutching pearls the entire time hoping neither of them ends up going to overseas interests. I get that they love their horses too, but it's sad to see personal favorites go. I miss Azeri. (Speaking of which, her first foal Take Control is going in the Awesome Again, formerly known as the Goodwood).

Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.

_________________
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"
http://ultimatehorsesite.com/fun/mysterymares/feb7.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:28 am 
Offline
Eclipse Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 am
Posts: 2388
Location: Kentucky
Heidilady wrote:
Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.


While I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in Eblouissante, my idea of an ideal broodmare prospect would not be a 4yo mare who's made 3 lifetime starts, and has no blacktype.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline
Breeder's Cup Winner

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 2180
Agreed.

Joyful Victory has been retired and is going to Fasig Tipton. She'd be a rather interesting mare. She's raced 20 times, 7 wins, G1 winner, multiple graded SW. Nice pedigree. OH, and no Mr. Prospector until the 5th generation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
Grade II Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am
Posts: 1286
these weanling prices are CRAZY!! Nice sires, but no black type in the first two or three dams and almost $100K? Who's buying these babies?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
Eclipse Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 am
Posts: 2388
Location: Kentucky
Mostly pinhookers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
Grade II Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am
Posts: 1286
wow, these prices for such light catalog pages.... I'm really stunned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
Eclipse Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 am
Posts: 2388
Location: Kentucky
springboro wrote:
wow, these prices for such light catalog pages.... I'm really stunned.


If you're still talking about the weanlings, what lifts their prices is being big and athletic and vetting well. And having the right sire(s).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 am 
Offline
Grade II Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am
Posts: 1286
i saw mares going through with zero production, or bad produce with no winners, for bigger numbers that I expected. And empty mares were still bringing more than in past years too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline
Starters Handicap

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:49 pm
Posts: 720
Location: Nor Cal
watching session 9, so far my impression is shock at some of the low prices, like the Candy Ride weanling #3115.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm 
Offline
Eclipse Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 am
Posts: 2388
Location: Kentucky
Jeff wrote:
watching session 9, so far my impression is shock at some of the low prices, like the Candy Ride weanling #3115.


He deserved his price.

Occasionally horses fall through the cracks but there were at least a hundred horsemen hanging around the back walking ring today, most of them looking for something to buy. If they didn't snap something up, there was a reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:49 pm 
Offline
Starters Handicap

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:49 pm
Posts: 720
Location: Nor Cal
He wins a nice stakes race in typical Candy Ride fashion, they'll be 100
Sorry horsemen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
Eclipse Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 am
Posts: 2388
Location: Kentucky
Jeff wrote:
He wins a nice stakes race in typical Candy Ride fashion, they'll be 100
Sorry horsemen.


Absolutely true. But first he's got to win that nice stakes race, and his conformation indicated that that will be a tough hill to climb. Maybe you should have been there?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:48 pm 
Offline
Starters Handicap

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:49 pm
Posts: 720
Location: Nor Cal
he he :lol: could very well be a hundred Sorry horsemen :lol: when he wins the big one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline
Starters Handicap

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:49 pm
Posts: 720
Location: Nor Cal
LB wrote:
Heidilady wrote:
Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.


While I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in Eblouissante, my idea of an ideal broodmare prospect would not be a 4yo mare who's made 3 lifetime starts, and has no blacktype.


Amongst 6 billion people on the planet, we find one tauting Zenyatta's 1/2 sister as not an ideal broodmare prospect. What are the odds of that?

Maybe if you were there at the sale should have warned them off before they bid her up to $2,000,000. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
Eclipse Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 am
Posts: 2388
Location: Kentucky
Jeff wrote:
LB wrote:
Heidilady wrote:
Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.


While I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in Eblouissante, my idea of an ideal broodmare prospect would not be a 4yo mare who's made 3 lifetime starts, and has no blacktype.


Amongst 6 billion people on the planet, we find one tauting Zenyatta's 1/2 sister as not an ideal broodmare prospect. What are the odds of that?

Maybe if you were there at the sale should have warned them off before they bid her up to $2,000,000. :lol:



Eblouissante's price was 7th highest of the mares that have sold during the last two weeks--so presumably 6 other people agreed with me. ;)

And...she heads back to the track to try and enhance that light race record. Apparently even her buyer didn't think that she was an "ideal broodmare prospect" just yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group