Keeneland November Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Keeneland November Sale

Postby Heidilady » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 pm

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... er-catalog

Groupie Doll and Eblouissante will be part of this sale. I'm going be clutching pearls the entire time hoping neither of them ends up going to overseas interests. I get that they love their horses too, but it's sad to see personal favorites go. I miss Azeri. (Speaking of which, her first foal Take Control is going in the Awesome Again, formerly known as the Goodwood).

Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

LB
Eclipse Champion

Re: Keeneland November Sale

Postby LB » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:28 am

Heidilady wrote:Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.

While I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in Eblouissante, my idea of an ideal broodmare prospect would not be a 4yo mare who's made 3 lifetime starts, and has no blacktype.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Agreed.

Joyful Victory has been retired and is going to Fasig Tipton. She'd be a rather interesting mare. She's raced 20 times, 7 wins, G1 winner, multiple graded SW. Nice pedigree. OH, and no Mr. Prospector until the 5th generation.

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:45 pm

these weanling prices are CRAZY!! Nice sires, but no black type in the first two or three dams and almost $100K? Who's buying these babies?

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Mostly pinhookers.

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 pm

wow, these prices for such light catalog pages.... I'm really stunned.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm

springboro wrote:wow, these prices for such light catalog pages.... I'm really stunned.

If you're still talking about the weanlings, what lifts their prices is being big and athletic and vetting well. And having the right sire(s).

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 am

i saw mares going through with zero production, or bad produce with no winners, for bigger numbers that I expected. And empty mares were still bringing more than in past years too.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm

watching session 9, so far my impression is shock at some of the low prices, like the Candy Ride weanling #3115.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Jeff wrote:watching session 9, so far my impression is shock at some of the low prices, like the Candy Ride weanling #3115.

He deserved his price.

Occasionally horses fall through the cracks but there were at least a hundred horsemen hanging around the back walking ring today, most of them looking for something to buy. If they didn't snap something up, there was a reason.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:49 pm

He wins a nice stakes race in typical Candy Ride fashion, they'll be 100
Sorry horsemen.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Jeff wrote:He wins a nice stakes race in typical Candy Ride fashion, they'll be 100
Sorry horsemen.

Absolutely true. But first he's got to win that nice stakes race, and his conformation indicated that that will be a tough hill to climb. Maybe you should have been there?

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:48 pm

he he :lol: could very well be a hundred Sorry horsemen :lol: when he wins the big one.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:55 pm

LB wrote:
Heidilady wrote:Wouldn't it be kind of awesome if the Mosses got Eblouissante? If not them, c'mon Mandy Pope. She loves to spend to get the best broodmare prospects. It's hard to see this filly as anything other than ideal. Her female family is fantastic.

While I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in Eblouissante, my idea of an ideal broodmare prospect would not be a 4yo mare who's made 3 lifetime starts, and has no blacktype.

Amongst 6 billion people on the planet, we find one tauting Zenyatta's 1/2 sister as not an ideal broodmare prospect. What are the odds of that?

Maybe if you were there at the sale should have warned them off before they bid her up to $2,000,000. :lol:

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Jeff wrote:
LB wrote:

Amongst 6 billion people on the planet, we find one tauting Zenyatta's 1/2 sister as not an ideal broodmare prospect. What are the odds of that?

Maybe if you were there at the sale should have warned them off before they bid her up to $2,000,000. :lol:

Eblouissante's price was 7th highest of the mares that have sold during the last two weeks--so presumably 6 other people agreed with me. ;)

And...she heads back to the track to try and enhance that light race record. Apparently even her buyer didn't think that she was an "ideal broodmare prospect" just yet.