Top NY stallion seasons - priced to sell/creative financing

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

hurleynyc
Maiden Special Weight

Top NY stallion seasons - priced to sell/creative financing

Postby hurleynyc » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:38 am

Wiseman's Ferry, Hook and Ladder, Mayakovsky - priced to sell - creative financing possible.

I am selling seasons to these NY top stallion prospects - Wiseman's Ferry, Hook and Ladder, Mayakovsky - because our small broodmare band was reduced in 2004 for a number of reasons. They are priced to sell and/or creative financing possible. A previous deal for all three seasons fell through, so here's your opportunity... I need to sell and my loss is your gain.

These stallions are graded stakes winners with solid pedigrees, and among the best in New York. I would prefer to sell or barter for them, but will consider other creative longer term deals. Please see below for further details on creative financing.

Wiseman's Ferry by Hennessey out of Emmaus by Silver Deputy. Grade 3 placed at 2, multiple G3 winner and G2 placed at 3, a $775,000 weanling (superior conformation). Very talented multiple graded stakes winner with an excellent pedigree, who will be commercially supported at the sales and races by his owners.

Hook and Ladder by Dixieland Band out of Taianna by Cox's Ridge. Another graded stakes winner (G2 winner, G1 Placed) with a very promising pedigree. Defeated some of the best, including Trippi, Yonaguska. Stands at Lakland North which does a superior job supporting its stallions (they stand Freud and Good and Tough, also).

Mayakovsky by Matty G, out of Joy to Raise by Raise a Man. An extremely fast and promising two year old graded stakes winner - he was 2nd to Came Home in the G1 Hopeful at 2. Grade 3 iwinner at 3. A very athletic horse who is also a sweetheart who likes to have his tongue pulled. He is a very handsome, well-balanced horse and is being well promoted.

Videos of all of 3 stallions, (at the walk, and in the case of Wiseman's Ferry, leading most of the way in the Lone Star Derby) are available on the Thoroughbred Times interactive stallion directory - a nice resource if you've never visited:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/isd/default.aspx

I'm offering creative financing and will sell the seasons singly or as a group for further discount. I will discuss the very reasonable prices by private email. I'm also willing to barter these seasons for various farm items, for example, fencing (e.g. horse guard electric fencing or other types), an older or smaller trailer, an older pick-up in good working order, or even credit toward transportation of my horses in the future (e.g. one of my mares going to KY). So, if you want a season, let me know what you've got to sell or barter - perhaps it's something I need! I will also consider foal shares or "stud fee from mare sale proceeds" situations - e.g. if you want to sell your mare in foal in the November or December sales, I might accept payment of the stud fee from sales proceeds.

Bottom line is that I want someone to use the seasons and to cover some of my expenses in obtaining them - so if you're interested in any or all of them, please don't hesitate to contact me right away.

thanks so much for your time! (and I apologize for the multiple posts).

PM here, or email: [email protected]

Waquoit
Allowance Winner

Postby Waquoit » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:38 am

Mayakovsky is the most gorgeous TB stallion I have EVER seen. He was lightning fast as a 2 y.o., too; tons of potential.

Some beautiful photos of him, taken by the great Barbara Livingston can be found here:

http://www.barbaralivingston.com/gallery/album16

timex
Maiden Special Weight

Postby timex » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:31 am

he is a nice stud. Wiseman's ferry aint' too bad either. i've been lucky enough to see both of them in person. very nice studs. much nicer looking in person.
Jennifer Breslin
Different Times Equestrian Ventures
& Short Fuse Stable
[email protected]