ITBOA Sale (Iowa) and Stallion Auction

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

adrienne
Allowance Winner

ITBOA Sale (Iowa) and Stallion Auction

Postby adrienne » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:20 pm

The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owner's Association 2005 Mixed Sale will be held Sunday, September 18th at 1pm at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, Iowa.

The catalog will be online soon (tonight or tomorrow) along with forms for phone bidding.

Along with yearlings by top Iowa sires such as Kyle's Our Man, Friendly Lover, Supremo, Doug Fir, Dignitas, Connecticut, Tiger Talk, Quaker Hill, Committee Chairman, and Shotiche. There are yearlings by exciting national sires such as Ghazi, Matty G, Wild Again, Real Quiet, Anet, Meadowlake, Pine Bluff, Mindari, Lil's Lad, and Vision and Verse. Some broodmares are being offered as well as a 7 year old Storm Bird stallion out of a Slew O' Gold mare named Maze Craze from the female family of Additional Risk(IRE), My Franky(IRE), River Keen(IRE), and Distinctive.

Forms for the 2005 ITBOA Stallion Auction to be held December 5th, 2005 are also available by request and soon on the webpage. Donations qualify the offspring of stallions of all sold shares to be eligible for the Iowa Stallion Futurity and the Iowa Stallion Stakes which carry a $5,000 award for stallion owners.

end commercial... Back to scanning catalog pages;)

~Adrienne

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Postby adrienne » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:10 pm

The catalog will be up and running and online tomorrow night. I just have to finish uploading the files (which is taking forever).

I do have this one uploaded and I have to do some advertising for my college and my babies I helped foal out this spring...

The farm manager is sending two of the best weanlings to the sale. With the large influx of donated thoroughbreds, she simply cannot house all the babies, so she consigned the two most exciting in hopes of getting a fair price.

Anyway, I want to promote this baby here - because she's awesome and I think she might go for a song. She is a weanling, but she's going to be a heck of a deal for someone.

Her page is empty - but her second dam had only two foals and her first dam has only one foal racing:
http://www.iowathoroughbred.com/Events/ ... log/26.pdf

But she is a spectacular individual. Her foaling project group called me at midnight one night to help them with the foaling. I wandered down to the foaling barn all groggy and crabby - but the moment I peeked into the stall I woke up and said "damn! that's a nice one!"

Here she is at less than 1 month:
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~abrant/foals/tabari.jpg

Last time I saw her, she was 3 months and I almost drove off the road. Fantastic filly.

end commerical... time to sleep:)

~Adrienne

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Postby adrienne » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:35 pm