Tildren

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

TJ
Darley line

Tildren

Postby TJ » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:10 am

Does anyone have any experience using this Euro approved drug.....if so what ailment did you use it for and did it help? TJ

toadie
Allowance Winner

Postby toadie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I haven't used it yet, but my vet suggested it for a horse that was diagnosed with pedal osteitis. They use it frequently at this clinic, but it's a large practice (over 10 vets, surgery center, hyperbaric chamber,etc.) For this particular horse he said either tildren, or shock wave therapy. Cost was going to be about the same either way. Approx. 1k

What condition are you considering it for?
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 am

toadie wrote:I haven't used it yet, but my vet suggested it for a horse that was diagnosed with pedal osteitis. They use it frequently at this clinic, but it's a large practice (over 10 vets, surgery center, hyperbaric chamber,etc.) For this particular horse he said either tildren, or shock wave therapy. Cost was going to be about the same either way. Approx. 1k

What condition are you considering it for?

Hi Toadie,
Yes, that is supposed to be Tildren's forte...feet (navicular especially). Also heard it's good for hocks....it is bone specific. Did the Vet mention they had to get FDA approval to use it, or has that been changed? I was looking for some feedback in using it to help soft boned horses, bone remodeling...and if it can actually increase bone density. It's funny though, the price remains the same....it's around 1,200 for an IV drip. TJ

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I have a 2yr old with navicular disease (rare, but yeah, it's the case here, sales yearling) and a 3 yr old w/ an inoperable OCD in his hock. Fighting the good fight w/ both was doing no good. We tried a Swedish Horse Products product called Ligamin. WOW! W/in 2 days both horses were damn near 100%, they were about 70% when I started it. I had little luck with it on arthritic/stiff joint stuff, but for the acute issues I have become a believer. Lot cheaper than the Tildren.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:12 am

photofinish wrote:I have a 2yr old with navicular disease (rare, but yeah, it's the case here, sales yearling) and a 3 yr old w/ an inoperable OCD in his hock. Fighting the good fight w/ both was doing no good. We tried a Swedish Horse Products product called Ligamin. WOW! W/in 2 days both horses were damn near 100%, they were about 70% when I started it. I had little luck with it on arthritic/stiff joint stuff, but for the acute issues I have become a believer. Lot cheaper than the Tildren.

Hi Photo,
Glad to hear you had such a good response with that product. Ligamin is basically glucosamine, what Tildren does is totally different....which is why it's so expensive. It fights bone resorption and stimulates bone formation creating a more dense bone. TJ

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:41 pm

TJ wrote:
photofinish wrote:I have a 2yr old with navicular disease (rare, but yeah, it's the case here, sales yearling) and a 3 yr old w/ an inoperable OCD in his hock. Fighting the good fight w/ both was doing no good. We tried a Swedish Horse Products product called Ligamin. WOW! W/in 2 days both horses were damn near 100%, they were about 70% when I started it. I had little luck with it on arthritic/stiff joint stuff, but for the acute issues I have become a believer. Lot cheaper than the Tildren.

Hi Photo,
Glad to hear you had such a good response with that product. Ligamin is basically glucosamine, what Tildren does is totally different....which is why it's so expensive. It fights bone resorption and stimulates bone formation creating a more dense bone. TJ[/quote

The Ligamin we are using is homeopathic stuff, symphatum and arnica, I think. I do use a Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplement but this is in addition. I don't think the Ligamin really fixes anyhting, but on the unfixable stuff it makes it manageable.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm

photofinish wrote:
TJ wrote:

Hi Photo,
Glad to hear you had such a good response with that product. Ligamin is basically glucosamine, what Tildren does is totally different....which is why it's so expensive. It fights bone resorption and stimulates bone formation creating a more dense bone. TJ[/quote

The Ligamin we are using is homeopathic stuff, symphatum and arnica, I think. I do use a Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplement but this is in addition. I don't think the Ligamin really fixes anyhting, but on the unfixable stuff it makes it manageable.

Hi Photo,
I've heard real good things with Tildren and navicular....if this baby is talented you might want to check it out......sound within 6 months! Is this the Ligamin you're using, or is it a knock-off? TJ
http://www.swedishhorsepower.com/produc ... s/ligamin/

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 pm

HUH, the Ligamin I have been getting is in the "old" blue bottles, but same company. Ingredients are completely different, though. I may up the Proverbial Creek when I run out! Dangit!