Mare Magic

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

BillB
2yo Maiden

Mare Magic

Postby BillB » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Has anybody used Mare Magic on nervous fillies?? Its Rasberry leaves and does not test..supposed to even out their heat cycles etc.
I noticed a big difference in her training....walks out the track instead of jogging in place...she does not throw her head as much going out & coming back....walks the shedrow instead of prancing around.

I thought of trying it....I was in the barn one night when a horse was claimed......the old owner came over with a bag of Mare Magic gave it to the trainer and said she really really needs this.

For racing...I was concerned it along with B-1 Cal Mag...might be too much of a dulling effect?? Considering either backing of the Mare Magic a week out or keeping her on it & reducing some of the others? I think they work differently but the combination worried me?

Was wondering if there was any experience with this

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Don't waste your money. It is a big hole in the stall floor to throw your money. I've never used it, but I know some of past clients who did and there mares didn't improve. I think a great many owners want to believe that it works because they paid a pretty penny for it.

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 am

Don't know about horses, but both the berries--Rasberry, and Blackberry leaves have been uses to "balance" the female hormonal system. World wide in several different cultures, including Native American, India, and Chineses.

I've seen it work wonders with women who have painful periods. It eases cramping, PMS and shortens the duration.

Depending on what is out of balance it might work the same way on horses.

Human dosage is pretty small, a couple of cups of tea for the days around that time of the month.

Adding dried leaves to the feed, or steeping the leaves and adding to the water. However this is only a suggestion not based on any kind of practical experience.

BillB
2yo Maiden

Postby BillB » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Its $15 for 2 months...Im going to evaluate her after 2 months on it & see