equiade and leg cuts

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

equiade and leg cuts

Postby Derby Lyn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

I wanted to show the progress of using equiade on leg injuries. This cut is on a mare I had to take back from a bad situation 2 weeks ago. I will take more pics this week after using equiade once a day on the wound. I have used the stuff before and I sware by it. When I picked up the mare her leg was wrapped with vet rap and furazone. The poor mare is in bad shape. She is looking much better already.

[img][img]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/arcticcielo/sugarsleg-1.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

MINNOW
Allowance Winner

Postby MINNOW » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

That is very nasty,poor thing good luck mending her.
All gave some,
some gave all

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks Minnow. I was told her leg just split open. Amazing how I owned the mare for 7 years and her leg NEVER just split open with me. This is a case where it shows that you need to do visual checks on horses that you place in homes.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:53 am

I used Equiade on a mare and while it reduced and controled the b proud flesh it also seemed to empede closing.. Someone on this board suggested i paint it with used crankcase oil which really did a great job of controlling proud flesh and closing the wound

Also much less expensive than equiade

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 am

I used "Well Horse" for my last gelding that tore his back leg open. Nothing else seemed to keep the proud flesh down and help it heal but I was really impressed with this product. Not but 1 week later after starting it, the proud flesh was nearly gone and the wound was healing great! It's all natural and dries to create a resin which keeps dirt out.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm

We had good success with Well Horse as well on some minor and major cuts on some of the boys.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett