epilepsy like symptom

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

reenci
Grade II Winner

epilepsy like symptom

Postby reenci » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

got a real strange thing here that i have never seen before , so if anyone has had experiance with something similer let me know....2yo filly at the walk will sometimes reach out with her back left leg and strike her shoulder :roll: ..im not kidding and the vet does not have a clue whats causing it.....filly does not do it all the time but it is strange and she does it just about every other day...any ideas ?
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Sounds like stringhalt. Neurological condition. Haven't been around one in ages, not sure wha the current protocol is. Last one I was around (maybe 10 yrs ago) was a Trakehner a friend had and I believe they cut his jack chords.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

I had a stud with stringhalt many years ago "Completed" by "Sirte" a chaser.It never caused any problem.
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...