Bayrir's pedigree

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Bayrir's pedigree

Postby vineyridge » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:18 pm

http://www.pedigreequery.com/bayrir
3 yo turf horse. Just won the Secretariat Stakes.

Aga Khan bred. Seems to have won 4 of 5 starts, unplaced in one.

Would someone who is into pedigrees analyze this one?

What I think I'm seeing is a rather large amount of Matchem, both through Barcaldine and Fair Play.

This is kind of breeding that, as a sport horse TB lover, I love to see. Nice to see that the less commercial can win in the US as homebreds, even if the home breeder is the Aga Khan.

He seems to be able to just keep pumping them out--and racing them.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Bayrir has a blend of speed & stamina. The Aga Khan is anti Fashion, as B pedigree has those old NP sire lines of turf runners in his background. The Aga Khan knows when to keep the aces in his hand, as we can see in B pedigree.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 am

He's a gorgeous horse. Masculine and refined.

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Is this the correct pedigree? I'm not seeing a lot of Fair Play

Here's the pedigree on the sport horse Database:

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=1083 ... =10&quota=

He's loaded with Northern Dancer, Native Dancer, Natalma, Way down the list in blood percentage is Man O'War at 2%.

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Native Dancer is out of a Discovery mare. Discovery = Fair Play.

Lots of Almahmoud. Halo's dam is an Almahmoud daughter and so is Natalma. Natalma gets you back to Native Dancer again. Natalma is there through both Northern Dancer and Raise The Standard. So you have her sex balanced, which is rare for a mare; and you have the Rasmussen Factor (if you believe in it) to both Natalma and Almahmoud.

Both Wavy Navy and Almahmoud have lines to Fair Play. Chance Shot in Almahmoud and War Admiral in Wavy Navy. You've got Display again through South Ocean; and the other branch of Matchem is in South Ocean through Preciptic. Sassafras is Matchem, again through Precipitation; as is Chambord. Hardiema has Hurry On (Matchem) pretty far back; Delsy has Relic; there are at least two lines to Neil Gow and there is at least one to Marco. Shy Pola has three lines to MOW.

To go along with what really does seem a good bit of Matchem, considering, there are also many Herod lines through both his branches.

It really is a very, very interesting pedigree with the concentration on Almahmoud and Natalma.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire