Secretariat and Buckpasser

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

Re: Secretariat and Buckpasser

Postby stancaris » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm

DDT: Its also hopeless to say the least regarding your stance on this matter that the X chromosome is only a minor role player or just an incidental part in the success of elite runners and broodmare sire success.

See my post on July 10, 2014 at 8:56 PM. The data in that post illustrates the clear-cut edge these Buck in the X horses have in the Belmont Stakes.

See my post on July 11, 2014 at 6:27 PM. The data in that post illustrates the clear-cut edge these Buck in the X horses have in the Kentucky Derby.

The X chromosome of Buckpasser plays an important role in elite performance and broodmare sire success.

Lets just agree to disagree and end this long thread now.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Stan

It will never be a matter of agree to disagree.

DDT

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby stancaris » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 pm

DDT: Thats because you are so entrenched in the idea that the X chromosome is just an incidental part of my Buck in the X plus final fraction indicator and I proved you wrong on the Belmont stakes regarding this matter. In the Belmont stakes Buck in the X standing alone has a strong impact value, a stron ROI and a solid win percentage. See my post on July 10, 2014 at 8:56 PM.

Buckpasser in the X ALONE is a strong handicapping factor in the Belmont stakes.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:25 pm

Stan

I would refer you to my posts illustrating the fact that Buckpassser in an X passing position is only one factor for winning the Belmont stakes and the fresh horse angle far out performs Buckpasser in any position in the pedigree when it comes to the Belmont and it just so happens that 9 out of the 10 Belmont winners that have Buckpasser in an X passing position also qualified as fresh horses. The genes carried on Buckpasser's X chromosome are a minor influence to elite performance and broodmare sire success, the statistics support that as does the scientific data.

DDT

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby stancaris » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:38 pm

DDT: NO it doesn't. The fresh horse angle if applied to the same time period as my Buckpasser in the X passing position angle ALONE is inferior to my Buckpasser in the X criterion.

Compare the results from 1978-2014. NOT ONLY THE LAST 15 YEARS.

The fresh horse angle on the Belmont is only a recent trend covering the last 15 years. Before that time it performed poorly.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Stan

I only used the time period covered in your book, 1992 through 2012 plus the years 2013 and 2014 and that was more than enough to blow the Buckpasser in an X passing position out of the water, and considering that the only two Belmont winners during the period 1979-2014 were Coastal and Easy Goer, and Coastal was a fresh horse, so going back in time does not provide the necessary profit to beat the fresh horse profits. There you go again making false statements.

DDT

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby stancaris » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 pm

DDT: Your Wrong in thinking that the ROI is way better with fresh horses in that time period 1992-2014. The ROI is only slightly better with fresh horses.

In that above time frame there were 46 horses that carried Buckpasser in the X passing position. 8 of them won the Belmont and returned a total of $163.60. Since the investment comes to $92 the profit realized is $71 and the ROI is 77%.

In the Belmont stakes the fresh horse ROI is 82.6% in that time period. It certainly doesn't blow my Buckpasser in the X ALONE method out of the water. It is only slightly better.

One of the disadvantages of the fresh horse method is you had to wager on 173 horses or $346 total investment whereas on the Buckpasser in the X alone method you had to wager only $92.

The fresh horse method, although it has merit, certainly doesn't blow my Buckpasser in the X alone pattern out of the water as you say it does

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Stan

Again with the ROI%, I have told you that it is the profit in dollars that really matters to me. But instead of continuing to act like little children and using up all of this thread space what do you say to reverting to our agreement to let the forum members decide what opinion carries the most weight on the subject. We are not agreeing to disagree, we are agreeing to let the forum members decide for themselves. Do you agree to that?

DDT

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby stancaris » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:15 am

DDT: Yes, but one more reference to my post on July 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM should convince them.