Would somebody please expane the dosage profile on this colt

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

HeyDude
Suckling

Would somebody please expane the dosage profile on this colt

Postby HeyDude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:02 pm

http://www.pedigreequery.com/honorable+dude

Please. I've ask before. I even paid for a membership
And I still couldn't figure it out ?

Any help ? Thanks in advance

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Would somebody please expane the dosage profile on this

Postby DDT » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:35 am

HeyDude

Google Dosage and then click on Dosage a Practical Approach then click on main menu then scroll down a little to site map and click on dosage then click on tutorial and this will walk you through the steps necessary to calculate dosage.

DDT

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:07 am

There's a concise and simple explanation of the Dosage numbers and how they're calculated at BRIS' Explanation of Dosage page. The list of chef-de-race sires there hasn't been updated in a while but their explanation of the concept and method still applies.

Links to additional information about the Dosage system and other analytical methods featured in the db here can be found on the 'Reading Pedigrees' page. See the drop-down menu under 'Help'.

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby stancaris » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Hey Dude: Here is how to figure the dosage profile for Honorable Dude:

For Brilliant points you must go to the fourth generation where you will see B/C Seattle Slew and Mr. Prospector.
Since the first generation chefs are given 16 points, the second generation chefs are given 8 points, the third generation chefs are given 4 points and the 4th generation chefs are given 2 points, Honorable Dude gets 1 Brilliant from Seattle Slew and 1 Brilliant from Mr. Prospector. Brilliant total =2 points.

For Intermediate points you go to the 3rd generation and see 3 chefs that are all IC (AP Indy, Smart Strike and Bold Ruckus). Honorable Dude gets 2 Intermediate points from each of the above 3 chefs. Total Intermediate=6 points

For Classic points you go to the 3rd generation and see 3 chefs that are IC (AP Indy, Smart Strike and Bold Ruckus). Honorable Dude gets a total of 6 Classic points from these chefs (or 2 points from each one).

Also in the fourth generation- Seattle Slew and Mr. Prospector each supply Honorable Dude with 1 Classic point each.
The total amount of Classic points in the fourth generation is 2.

Total Brilliant equals 2 points from the fourth generation chefs.
Total Intermediate equals 6 points from third generation chefs.
Total Classic equals 6 points from the third generation chefs and also 2 Classic points from 4th generation chefs.

Honorable Dude's Dosage Profile equals 2-6-8-0-0

HeyDude
Suckling

Postby HeyDude » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Thank Yall

I'll keep learning as well but this has helped me

Thanks again and Happy ThanksGiving