Anyone have info on Kooyonga (IRE)?

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

madelyn

Anyone have info on Kooyonga (IRE)?

Postby madelyn » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:24 am

I have been researching the pedigree of my new stallion, Thabit. His second dam was a mare named Kooyonga (IRE) and I have been unable to pin down an accurate picture of her race record. Any comments on this female family?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

K~2
Starters Handicap

Re: Anyone have info on Kooyonga (IRE)?

Postby K~2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello,
I remember Kooyonga, because She won a Group I Race in Germany (Grosser Mercedes-Benz-Preis Bayrisches Zuchtrennen, 2000 m, Munich ,2,8.92).

Here is Kooyonga's breeding and race Infos, published in the German Thoroughbredbreeders Magazin "Vollblut", Vol. 132 (Oct. 1992).
Bred by Ovidstown Bloodstock Ltd. (Ireland), foaled 12.5.1988 (6th Foal), Owner: M. Haga, trained
by M. Kauntze.
raced from 1990-1992: 16 starts, 9 wins, 4 placings
(Coronation Stakes, Group I; Coral Eclipse Stakes, Group I; Irish 1000 Guineas, Group 1; Matron Stakes, Group 3; Leopardstown Stakes, Group 3; Leopardstown 1000 Guineas Trial (L); EBF Silver Flash Stakes (L); Grosser Mercedes-Benz-Preis, Group I (Germany)
2. 1000 Guineas, Group I; Queen Elisabeth II Stakes, Group I; Cartier Million (L)
3. Prince of Wales Stakes, Group2

Kooyonga is from the Trustful/Credenda Family 19, from the same branch as the Top German Sire Surumu,
see Topic "Musketier" he is a "Familymember", too.
Her Sire Persian Bold (by Bold Lad) is from the "Luscious" branch (Fam. 9-h, Flamingo, Honeyway, etc.) and is a close relative of the meanwhile very successful Family of "Alveole" (great foundationmare in Germany), see Galileo, Tertullian, Alcimist, Aditi, Adlerflug etc. The damsire Nothfileds (by ND) is a HB of Habitat (great Broodmare Sire in Europe).

Hope I could fill some gaps, probably a few races are still missing.

Regards, Bettina

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks so much!!

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:42 am

madelyn wrote:I have been researching the pedigree of my new stallion, Thabit. His second dam was a mare named Kooyonga (IRE) and I have been unable to pin down an accurate picture of her race record. Any comments on this female family?

Did you notice the win of Lion's Bites yesterday at Hanshin?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks! It is really hard for me to follow Matsue's offspring since they ALL seem to be foreign. I can't get much info on Lions Bites races except his wins seem to be MSW and allowance and not claiming. Not at all sure whiat that means at Hanshin.

My horse, Thabit, is a super nice guy. He is a nice big balanced 16.1 hand bright chestnut with half stockings, a huge blaze (nearly bald faced) and the absolute best temperament I have ever seen on a Thoroughbred - gelding OR stallion. I love him a lot.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:48 am

Madelyn, I sent you a PM.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.