Freedom Flying 2 year old filly

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

davethehorse
Weanling

Freedom Flying 2 year old filly

Postby davethehorse » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi,

I have just joined the forum and seen you have an interest in the Aga Khan bloodlines.

I have recently bought a share in a 2 year old filly in the UK called Freedom Flying. She is by Kalanisi out of Free Spirit, who is by Caerleon.

She is in training with Patrick Haslam in Middleham, England and we hope to run her at Royal Ascot (at York this year) in June 2005 in the Chesham Stakes.

Could you give me your opinions on the pedigree - I would be very interested in your comments.
Dave Penman
Derbyshire Racing
www.derbyshireracing.co.uk

davethehorse
Weanling

Postby davethehorse » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:22 pm

I have shares in two other 2 year olds in training too - Alto Vertigo (by Averti out of a Chief Singer dam) and Impeccable Guest (by Orpen out of a What a Guest dam).

Any comments on these pedigrees appreciated.

Dave
Dave Penman

Derbyshire Racing

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:08 am

Hi Dave

Here is how I view Freedom Flying's pedigree from the Conduit Mare Profile perspective.
7-11-2-11-2 (1.59) (18/13) (10.48) (20-24-15)
Lots of Speed contributions indicate an early developer that should be able to compete early. The triads show that she should be best at middle distances (perhaps up to 10 furlongs at the outside, with a mile to 9 furlongs her best distances). She looks like the type that may be on the lead or stalking the pace in routes. I love the Aga Khan's breeding program, and your filly has a lot of that going for her.
Best of luck this summer.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

davethehorse
Weanling

Postby davethehorse » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:04 am

Bill

Thankyou very much for you analysis - pretty much my thoughts too.

Any thought on my other two - Orpen is USA bred and his early crops have done very well.
Dave Penman

Derbyshire Racing

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:41 am

Hi Dave

Alto Vertigo: 2-4-3-7-7 (0.46) (6/14) (9-14-17) (14.83)

This one looks like the sort that might be a little later maturing. Definitely looks to be a distance type. Should be able to run all day when ready.

Impeccable Guest: 2-7-6-12-1 (0.85) (9/13) (15-25-19) (12.54)

Another who looks to be a middle distance runner up to 10 furlongs plus. May be able to come around early enough to be competitive as a two-year-old.

Good luck with all three.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

davethehorse
Weanling

Postby davethehorse » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:47 am

Thanks Bill - again agree with your assessment.

Alto Vertigo is a big 2 year old who needs time - he is a spitting image of his grand sire Chief Singer - a very good looker. He has a big backend and the trainer thinks he will be a sprinter but I am not so sure. He needs time and will be better at three.

The other one, Impeccable Guest, is a solid looking filly who we hope will run mid season over here in England but will again benefit from patience.

All three are different types so should be very interesting following their fortunes.

Thanks for your comments

Dave
Dave Penman

Derbyshire Racing

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:14 pm

Hi Dave

Chief Singer had a pedigree that screamed distance too, but he was an outstanding sprinter. The numbers don't always hold up.

Bill

Langston Hughes

davethehorse
Weanling

Postby davethehorse » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:55 pm

For those interested here are links to the three horses on the syndicate website:

Alto Vertigo

http://www.middlehamparkracing.net/alto%20vertigo.htm

Freedom Flying

http://www.middlehamparkracing.net/kala ... 0filly.htm

Impeccable Guest

http://www.middlehamparkracing.net/impec%20guest.htm

All the photos were taken just after the horses were purchased at the sales so are about 6 months old.
Dave Penman

Derbyshire Racing