Mirror Image 9

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 9

Postby touching » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:56 am

Suppose for best results I think I will change my mind and divide my latest post into two, I shall post the second half after Christmas, O K let’s begin now whenever Teofilo won the Dewhurst Stakes at in October 2006 I revisited an idea I had about Galileo whenever he first won the Epsom Derby in June 2001, that when I realized that if one removed Raise a Native, Native Danncer and Polynesian completely from Galileo’s pedigree one would find the exact same symmetry that one found in the pedigree of Monalee Champion.
This time Galileo had the results on the ground to back this theory up but there was one thing glaringly wrong according to my findings the mother of the thoroughbred version of Monalee Champion should have been a daughter of Mr Prospector’s son Machiavellian.
Galileo’s mother Urban Sea was a daughter of Mr Prospector’s son Miswaki this was something I could not figure out no doubt Galileo had the results on the ground Northern Dancer was in the correct position in his pedigree, Mr Prospector was in the correct position in his pedigree and the pedigree of Sadlers Wells was correct.
Also as his sire was 25 years old in 2006 time was running out for a son of his out of a mare by Machiavellian to hit the big time on the track so everything pointed to Galileo, its interesting because if one looks at my Leading Sire Tables for the years 2002 and 2003 for the North and South of Ireland one can see these results.

YEAR 2002 that is equivalent to the year 2071 in Thoroughbred Similar Evolutionary Terms

HI THERE 32 SIRES 161 WINNERS (44%)
CHAMPION PRINCE 22 SIRES 132 WINNERS (37%)
No Hi There or Champion Prince 19 SIRES 61 WINNERS (18%)

So 161 individual parental sire line descendants of Hi There won feature events over a certain value during 2002, now 4 of Hi There’s 32 parental sire line descendants who produced 12 individual winners of feature events over a certain value did not have the name of Monalee Champion on their parental sire lines as well as the name of Hi There and 12 amounts to 7% of 161.

YEAR 2003 that is equivalent to the year 2073 in Thoroughbred Similar Evolutionary Terms

HI THERE 27 SIRES 128 WINNERS (35%)
CHAMPION PRINCE 22 SIRES 176 WINNERS (47%)
No Hi There or Champion Prince 19 SIRES 67 WINNERS (18%)

So 128 individual parental sire line descendants of Hi There won feature events over a certain value during 2003, now 7 of Hi There’s 27 parental sire line descendants who produced 16 individual winners of feature events over a certain value did not have the name of Monalee Champion on their parental sire lines as well as the name of Hi There and 16 amounts to 13% of 128.
So one can see the huge part played by Monalee Champion in the evolutionary history of the Hi There parental sire line, so is Galileo going to play a similar part in the evolutionary history of the Northern Dancer sire line?
Whatever way thoroughbred evolution implements things surely it has to bring Machiavellian into the equation some how or other, but in 2007 I had no option but to think of Galileo as a Way Forward Animal.
At the end of 2009 due to the performances of Sea the StarsI had a clue or assumed I had a clue to the way things might pan out, let’s have a look at his pedigree http://www.pedigreequery.com/sea+the+stars so you can see from his pedigree that he is a half brother of Galileo’s and also Northern Dancer is 4 – removes back along his parental sire line.
Now as Shamardal had been a great performer in 2005 as his dam Helsinki was a daughter of Machiavellian and Northern Dancer was 4 – removes back along his parental sire line I thought to myself this could be the way forward.
As Shamardal first Northern Hemisphere crop included Arctic rated 114 by the Racing Post and Lope De Vega rated 112, I would have had to hypothetically use that stallion his stud fee for 2010 was 20,000 Euros.
As Dark Angel ran only as a 2-y-o in 2007 he would have escaped under the radar a bit but suppose as he produced Tough as Nails rated 110, I would have had to hypothetically use him, his stud fee for 2012 was 12, 500 Euro’s.
Although Northern Dancer was 5 – removes back along his parental sire line the fact that the sire of Princess Athena the dam of his parental grandsire Acclamation was by Ahonoora also the sire of Park Appeal the dam of Sea The Stars parental grandsire Cape Cross seem to smooth things out so to speak.
A leading French 2 y o of 2008 Naaqoos would have no doubt come under the radar, now this horse had a few races in 2009 and retired to stud 2010 and I would have had to use him in his first covering season if I intended to sell the produce his stud fee was 6000 Euro’s.
In 2012 there was 26 of his yearlings sold the highest amount given was for a colt who made £95, 796 at the October sales in Newmarket his average was £23,170, I personally do not know if that is good or bad.
His first two crops run in 2013 and 2014 with his highest rated racehorse was the mare Bhaktapur who was rated 96 so as Naaqoos did not produce a racehorse rated at least 110 in either of his first two crops I would not have used him.
Zoffany would have come under the radar also and I would have had to use him in 2012 if I wished to sell the produce his stud fee was 7,500 Euro’s, his first crop was successful in 2015 with three 2-y-o’s rated 110 or above and his stud fee increased to 45,000 Euro’s for the 2016 covering season I would have had to hypothetically use him and as Taranto the dam of Territories was also by Machiavellian he would have come under the radar also and I would have hypothetically used him in 2017 his stud fee that year was £12,000,