MIRROR IMAGE 10

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

MIRROR IMAGE 10

Postby touching » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Welcome back everybody, during the Christmas period I took the opportunity to read my post on the brilliant thoroughhorsepedigreequery website and I discovered that I had made a glaring mistake in the post title Mirror Image 3.
Well in the post titled Mirror Image 3, I wrote that “for this post I have called both Castledown Lad and Friendly Foe SIRES OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMALS” well I should have described Frandon Ferry instead of his son Friendly Foe as one of the SIRES OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMALS remember my made up terminology for Friendly Foe is actually DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL, also on reflection I have decided to change my advice a bit but I shall tackle that later.
Now the glaring mistake I made in Mirror Image 3 is a good cue for my next bit of information now remember this is taking into consideration that I am NOT giving this information as a WHOLE as I have been advised to but instead I am actually leaving out a significant part of it as I want to keep something up my sleeve for the future, so here goes.
Now this present day dominance by the Darley Arabian sire line can be obviously seen most clearly in the parental sire lines of racehorses but this present day dominance was not always the case, I came across a website showing that 437 individual winners of horse races called Kings Plates and Queens Plates from 1671 to 1765 had been traced back to the first names that appeared on their parental sire lines in the General Stud Book, the name of the Darley Arabian was the first name recorded in the General Stud Book on the parental sire lines of 59 of those 437 individual winners which represented the second greatest number of individual winners that traced back to one stallion on the parental sire line and that equals 12% of the total.
The first name recorded on the parental sire lines in the General Stud Book of the greatest number of individual winners was that of the Godolphin Arabian and his name was found on the parental sire lines of 90 of those 437 individual winners and that equals 19% of the total.
These Kings and Queens Plates attracted the best racehorses of the day so the Darley Arabian sire line had still a long way to go before it reached its present day dominance, I do not know the state of play in1791 when the General Stud book was first published or the way the names of the horse races that attracted the best runners of the day evolved but no doubt the first big step was the arrival of a year when the name of the Darley Arabian was to be found on the parental sire lines of over 50% of the 100 most successful stallions in the British Isle, suppose I would not be thinking about Europe until a bit later.
Now the Darley Arabian sire line expanded in bottleneck fashion and Eclipse who was born in 1764 was the first bottleneck stallion, eventually a year would be reached when over 50% of the 100 most successful stallions in the British Isle would have the name of Eclipse on their parental sire lines.
This would have taken place at the expense of all other branches of the Darley Arabian sire line and subsequently as time elapsed Eclipse’s percentage would increase but the arrival of the scene of Phalaris who was born during 1913 and who was the second bottleneck stallion would change things dramatically.
Eventually a year would be reached when over 50% of the 100 most successful stallions possibly in Europe by that stage would have the name of Phalaris on their parental sire lines and this would take place at the expense of all other branches of the Eclipse sire line, subsequently as time elapsed Phalaris’s percentage would increase.
Every year a list of European Stakes winners appears in the Racing Post website and since1986 I have compiled my own Leading Sire Tables for Europe and in any one year I detail the number of individual winners of Listed, Stakes or Group races that a sire has produced not the total number of these races.
Now in the Racing Post website the most successful 100 sires in Europe for the year 2015 produced 515 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races, remember the year 2015 in thoroughbred similar evolutionary terms is equivalent to the year 1974 in racing greyhound evolutionary terms.
Well 353 of those 515 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had the name of Northern Dancer who was born during 1961 on their parental sire lines and 353 equals 69% of 515, while 83 of those 515 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had the name of Mr Prospector who was born during 1970 on their parental sire lines and 83 equals 16% of 515, the remaining 79 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had neither the names of Northern Dancer or Mr Prospector on their parental sire lines and 79 equals 15% of 515.
Just like the racing greyhounds I believe this dominance of the Darley Arabian sire line is also the result of a mechanism that is cyclical in nature and has been evolved by racehorse evolution to produce certain animals.
I think the purpose of this mechanism might be use those animals as a vehicle for passing on the genes of one racehorse while maintaining an adequate level of genetic diversity in the breed as a whole.
If people were told that either Northern Dancer or Mr Prospector would become the 3rd bottleneck stallion and were then asked to choose which of those two stallions it might be I think most people would choose Northern Dancer.
Suppose they would assume that Northern Dancer could already be considered the 3rd bottle neck stallion but just like the racing greyhounds they would be wrong and if Mr Prospector is the thoroughbred version of Champion Prince as I claim he is then Mr Prospector should turn out to be the 3rd Bottleneck sire.
Now let’s have a look at the parental sire line of Mr Prospector stretching back to the Darley Arabian.

MR PROSPECTOR (3rd cycle)
RAISE A NATIVE (2nd cycle)
NATIVE DANCER (2nd cycle)
POLYNESIAN (2nd cycle)
UNBREAKABLE (2nd cycle)
SICKLE (2nd cycle)
PHALARIS (2nd cycle)
POLYMELUS (2nd cycle)
CYLLENE (2nd cycle)
BONA VISTA (1st cycle)
TADCASTER (1st cycle)
DONCASTER (1st cycle)
STOCKWELL (1st cycle)
THE BARON (1st cycle)
BIRDCATCHER (1st cycle)
SIR HERCULES (1st cycle)
WHALEBONE (1st cycle)
WAXY (1st cycle)
POT8OS (1st cycle)
ECLIPSE (1st cycle)
MARSKE
SQUIRT
BARLETS CHILDERS
DARLEY ARABIAN

Well you see I have used the name of Tadcaster instead of the name of Bend Or the animal whose name still occupies the General Stud Book, well in 2012 a group of scientist from Cambridge University discovered by testing the DNA from the skeletons of historic horses that Tadcaster was the racehorse we all thought of as Bend Or, both these two sons of Doncaster had been mistakenly switched as yearlings.
So there we have the parental sire line ancestors of Mr Prospector stretching back to the Darley Arabian (born 1700) who was the first name recorded in the General Stud Book on Mr Prospector’s parental sire line, 24 racehorse sires make up Mr Prospector’s parental sire line and the racehorse sires Eclipse, Phalaris and Mr Prospector are bottleneck sires so that makes three bottleneck sires in total that occupy that list of 24 thoroughbred sires
Now let’s have a look at the racing greyhound parental sire line stretching back from Champion Prince to Cardinal York, 15 greyhounds including Champion Prince and Cardinal York make up that parental sire line and I shall give Champion Prince the number 1 and I shall give Cardinal York the number 15, also I shall include any full terminology names I have given some invented purely for these posts.

1……………..CHAMPION PRINCE

Now my full made up terminology name for Champion Prince is the INITIATOR OF THE 3rd CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION WHICH ALSO CONTAINS THE 3rd MECHANISM CYCLE.

2…………….BELLAS PRINCE
3…………….CASTLEDOWN LAD
4……………MEADOW FESCUE
5……………MELKSHAM TOM
6……………STAFF OFFICER

Now my full made up terminology name for Bellas Prince is the DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 2nd CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION also my full made up terminology name for Castledown Lad is the SIRE OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 2nd CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION and my full made up terminology name for Staff Officer is the INITIATOR OF THE 2nd MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION.
Remember an important fact of the cyclical system that produces this cycle is the fact that Jamie occupies the maternal sires of both Bellas Prince and Castledown Lad and I have written that racing greyhound evolution produced Jamie by a principle that I can understand and explain.

7………………FRIENDLY FOE
8………………FRANDON FERRY
9………………FIERY FURNACE
10……………. SIR SANKEY
11……………..GREENTICK
12……………..BEDFELLOW
13……………..CONTANGO

Now my full made up terminology name for Friendly Foe is the DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 1st CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION also my full made up terminology name for Frandon Ferry is the SIRE OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 1st CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION and my full made up terminology name for Greentick is the INITIATOR OF THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAER EVOLUTION and finally my full made up terminology name for Contango is the INITIATOR OF THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION WHICH ALSO CONTAINS THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE.

14…………....CASHIER
15……………CARDINAL YORK

Now Greentick was the fist greyhound along that parental sire line that leads to Champion Prince to have Cardinal York occupying both his parental and maternal sire lines, this you will find out is very important fact.
As I claim that Mr Prospector is the thoroughbred version of Champion Prince let’s have a look at his parental sire line stretching back to Eclipse remember that thoroughbred Similar Evolution implemented things in a slightly different way by including the extra stallions Raise a Native, Native Dancer and Polynesian along the parental sire line to produce Mr Prospector, let’s remove them.
Now with those 3 stallions removed 17 racehorses including Mr Prospector and Eclipse make up that parental sire line and I shall give the number 1 to Mr Prospector and I give the number 17 to Eclipse, also I shall include any full terminology names I have given.

1……………..MR PROSPECTOR

Now my full made up terminology name for Mr Prospector is the INITIATOR OF THE 3rd CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION WHICH ALSO CONTAINS THE 3rd MECHANISM CYCLE.

2………………UNBREAKABLE
3……………….SICKLE
4………………PHALARIS
5………………POLYMELUS
6………………CYLLENE

Now my full made up terminology name for Unbreakable is the DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 2nd CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION also my full made up terminology name for Sickle is the SIRE OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 2nd CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRD SIMILAR EVOLUTION and my full made up terminology name for Cyllene is the INITIATOR OF THE 2nd MECHANISM CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION.
Remember an important fact of the cyclical system that produces this cycle is the fact that St Simon occupies the maternal sires of both Unbreakable and Sickle and I have written that racing thoroughbred similar evolution produced St Simon by a principle that I can understand and explain the same principle the racing greyhound Similar Evolution used to produce Jamie.

7………………BONA VISTA
8………………TADCASTER
9……………….DONCASTER
10……………..STOCKWELL
11……………..THE BARON
12……………..BIRDCATCHER
13……………..SIR HERCULES
14……………..WHALEBONE
15……………..WAXY
16……………..POT8OS
17……………..ECLIPSE

Well this is were things get even more difficult to understand now when one removes the stallions Raise a Native, Native Dancer and Polynesian from the pedigree of Galileo one can see the same symmetry that one finds when one looks at the pedigree of the racing greyhound Monalee Champion.
Without this information my claim that Unbreakable instead of Raise a Native should have been the sire of Mr Prospector looks stupid and illogical and I would imagine that there would be very few people prepared to accept this claim.
Now by giving the information that I have given about Galileo my claim looks a bit more acceptable and I shall make several more claims which appear equally outrageous but I claim that I can provide evidence that should hopefully support their acceptability also.
Thoroughbred similar evolution took the scenic route on several occasions while producing this parental sire line and I claim the earlier racehorse version of St Simon was a racehorse called Touchstone; remember the racing greyhound version of Touchstone was Herschel.
The big problem with Touchstone was that he did not occupy the maternal sire line of Bona Vista instead he occupied the maternal sire lines of both Tadcaster and Doncaster also I wrote that Greentick was the first animal along the parental sire line that led to Champion Prince to have Cardinal York on both his parental and maternal sire lines.
Well in thoroughbred similar evolution Sir Hercules was the first animal along the parental sire line that led to Mr Prospector to have Eclipse on both his parental and maternal sire lines you can see also that CardinaL York is 2 removes – back along the parental sire line of Contango while Eclipse is 4 – removes back along the parental sire line of Sir Hercules.
As you can see by looking at those two lists that Greentick is numbered 11 while Sir Hercules is numbered 13 the same as Contango, a lot of things seem to be out of place but I claim that thoroughbred similar evolution implemented the same things a bit differently on several occasions also I claim this scenario has already had a knock on effect in the 3rd cycle.
So for instance do I name Bona Vista the DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 1st CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION or do I name Tadcaster as the DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 1st CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION?
Also do I name Tadcaster as the SIRE OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 1st CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION or do I name Doncaster as the SIRE OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMAL IN THE 1st CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION?
Also Eclipse occupies both the parental and maternal sire lines of The Baron so is The Baron the INITIATOR OF THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAER EVOLUTIONI is The Baron the thoroughbred equivalent to Greentick remember both are nunbered 11.
All I can do is to assume that thoroughbred similar evolution implemented these things slightly differently for a reason which I obviously do not pretend to understand but I have to assume that Bona Vista and Tadcaster can both be thought of as DOUBLE CROSS ANIMALS IN THE 1st CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION while Tadcaster and Doncaster can both be thought of as SIRES OF THE DOUBLE CROSS ANIMALS IN THE 1st CYCLE IN THOROUGHBRED SIMILAR EVOLUTION.
Actually the information that I claim supports my claims improves my outlook substantially and I claim that I have a good grasp of this quagmire of choice, I shall continue with all of this in the New Year God Spares.