mirror image 23

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

mirror image 23

Postby touching » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:54 am

In my post Mirror Image 21 I wrote that I was keeping an eye on Talismanic, Roaring Lion and Rostropovich in 2018, well Talismanic ran in the Dubai World Cup on Saturday and was 9th of the 10 runners behind the impressive winner Thunder Snow.
This appears to be a bad start to 2018 for the racehorses that I am keeping an eye on but it gives me an idea of how I could emphasis the value of my highlighted animals even further, well not only will Talismanic be highlighted by myself on retiring to stud but I would advise on his use during his very first year at stud as he finished 1st in a Group One race as a 4 – y – o during 2017.
As I would not be highlighting Thunder Snow I thought to myself what other racehorses that finished 1st or 2nd in Group One races confined to 3 – y – o’s or older during 2017 in let’s say the British Isle and France who were parental sire line descendants of either Northern Dancer or Mr Prospector that I would be highlighting or not highlighting be it the case and remember I am leaving out the rest of the world.
Well we had the likes of Churchill, Barney Roy, Ribchester, Lightning Spear, Highland Reel, Frontiersman, Wings of Eagles, Cliffs of Moher, Matakayyef, Profitable, Lancaster Bomber, Decorated Knight, Caravaggio and Harry Angel.
Also we had Tasleet, Ulysses, Here Comes When, Capri, Crystal Ocean, Cracksman, Poet’s Word, Order of St George, Torcedor, Coth of Stars, Brametot, Le Brivido, Mekhtaal, Waldgeist, Permian, Trais Fluors, Aclaim, Al Wukair, Inns of Court, Taareef and Ice Breeze.
All of these racehorses finished 1st or 2nd in Group One races during 2017 and I would have highlighted Profitable, Decorated Knight and Al Wukair from that group, remember I would also advise the use of those three racehorses during their first year at stud suppose as long as the male produce at least is sold at the yearling sales.
Remember they will have to pass my Racing Post test first of all before I would advise on their continued use also I shall be keeping my eye on Ghaiyyathd and Cascadian during 2018.