Help Understanding My Mares Pedigrees

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

teb
Allowance Winner

Help Understanding My Mares Pedigrees

Postby teb » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:56 pm

I would like to know some in depth information on my mares pedigrees please. I don't understand all the ins and outs of the professionals and hopefully you can answer my questions.
1st mare is Stonor Lady by French Deputy out of Blush With Love by Mt. Livermore. Stonor Lady is the first foal and only winner from the dam with 3 foals racing. Blush With Love's 2yo this year ran in a group race 1st time up on English Derby day and lost the plot completely. He probably could have been ok if trained a bit diffrently. Next year she has a Montjeu 2yo and a Mull of Kintyre yearling. I have been thinking of going to Statue of Liberty next year who is a half to Lemon Drop Kid by Storm Cat. I would like to breed for soundness and don't know about this cross. She is in foal to a son of Danehill in Cathcher In the Rye for 06. Don't know which lines would be best here.
2nd mare is Fraamtastic by Fraam out of Fading by Pharly. This mare has fantastic bone and is a very good size. She ran til she was 7 on an ankle the size of a watermelon and won 4 races. She is a full sister to Dayglow Dancer who is a black-type preformer. Her 2yo 1/2 brother by Hunting Lion won this year. She is in foal to City on a Hill this year who is by Rahy and we are thinking of Titus Livius for her next year. Anyone with any thouhgts on these 2 would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
teb

harperstown
Suckling

Postby harperstown » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:30 pm

hi teb

just having a quick glance at your girls pedigrees , you would appear to have plenty of scope.

fraamtastic ,with northern dancer 4x4 through two similar sons (lyphard and nureyev) should probably be avoided in future unless you look for a line through an atypical son such as nijinsky . the only other duplication being court marshal 5d x 5d which doesnt really matter.
her bottom line was full of speed-vilmorin -kings bench-so blessed,they say you should add a bit of staying blood to make the line faster well pharly did stay further so you have done that now go back yo pure speed,
personally i would be looking for the bold ruler line. it could work ,under her second dam petite sonniere(the best recent runner i can find) is by persian bold, if you dont fancy that just go for speed and compatible conformation.
aside from this if you are going to goffs feb we could meet for a coffee.
good luck.
dont blame the horse . he wont know how much you paid for him.

teb
Allowance Winner

Postby teb » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:30 pm

Harperstown,
Thanks for helping me with Fraamtastic. Ireally don't know where I'm going with her next year. She will be foaling at the end of Feb-Begining of March, but she's a maiden so anything goes. I will meet you at Goffs for a coffee. I will probably only be there until late morning early afternoon as mare stare will be beginning for us. We will be buying a few yearlings and possibly another mare. I'll let you know what day as the time gets closer.
Thanks
terri