Any clue on her?

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

RainbowspringsTB&QH
Weanling

Any clue on her?

Postby RainbowspringsTB&QH » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:00 am

Ok i know this site is basically fot TB's but if anyone can tell me about some QH lines please tell me what u think the estimate this mare is worth. Shes bin used as a brood mare, shes 15 hands perfect conditon, Her Sire is Docs Super Leo and her Dam is Lil San Mount Gold. Ive bin considering getting putting her into training for a few months and showing her to sell her (faster and not at a rock bottom price). Shes 7 years old, never lame or founderd, she can produce roan foals as well as paint when bred to one. Shes had about 2-3 (only 1 since ive owned her), she just throws um out no problem. what i wanted to now if i sold her now as just a broodmare how much could would a estimate be on her and if i put her in training for a month what would it be . Or last resort breed her back for a 06 foal? thanks -michelle
- You can take my saddle but never my dreams-

valerie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby valerie » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:06 am

I am assuming that the bloodlines are the older Leo, Doc Bar and the old Gold Mount breeding of Hank Wiescamps (better known for Skipper W). I cannot say what your horse is worth but most quarter horses are worth more broke than unbroke. She would not have to be trained but green broke is better than not broke. Sorry I could not be of more help but I can buy bloodlines like those, not broke, as broodmares for 500 all day. As a trail riding prospect more like 1500.

brooke
Allowance Winner

Postby brooke » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:30 pm

$1000 or less unbroke
There will be discouraging times. But a life without horses;
Now that's discouraging.