Pedigree for T.B.'s Storm

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

glimmer86
Newborn

Pedigree for T.B.'s Storm

Postby glimmer86 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:33 am

Could somebody take a look at the pedigree of this horse I purchased in June 2006 (hopefully to be an eventer). I do not know much about TB pedigrees and racing information. What type of racing history does he have. Was he a sprinter or distance horse? When did he win his last race? What type of races did he run in - claiming, etc?

Is his pedigree a good performance horse pedigree?

Thank you

http://www.pedigreequery.com/t+bs+storm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:59 am

According to the APR, T. B.'s Storm raced for 3 years, 35 starts, 6 wins, 7 seconds, 4 thirds and earned $76,830 with his highest speed rating being 87 (not stakes, which is usually 100+). Since he was on the board in 17 starts and only earned $77K, I suspect he was not running for much money. Nine of his starts were at age 2 and 26 of his starts were in routes, meaning his talent was for distances of a mile or more. If he is still sound, then you have a very sound horse. His pedigree leans a little more toward turf racing, but he tried turf three times in his career and managed one third. That could be more of an issue with opportunity than ability as many of the lower level tracks have extremely limited turf opportunities (or none at all). Of course I can't tell from this horse's record where he ran.

Since pedigree in eventers has far less to do with ability than conformation and the horse itself, how has he been doing so far?

Also, not being of stakes calibre speed has nothing to do with his ability as an eventer. The difference between a stakes horse and a claimer can be as little as five seconds over half a mile.

Best of luck with him, let us know how he does.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

glimmer86
Newborn

Postby glimmer86 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:24 am

Thank you for the information. I haven't done much with "T" - taken him to a few dressage lessons, trail ridden him some, done a little jumping. Will do more with him this spring. He's been being a horse with 24/7 turnout and a good old buddy (my old eventor Arab Qtr/TbX).

Maybe he may be a good distance horse for competitive trail riding. I'll see what job he likes to do best.