Fun Thread - TB's you currently own or have owned....

Ask members to help you find horse pictures, past performances, past owners/trainers, or tracks where a horse won it's last race.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy, Diane

Sunday Rider
Allowance Winner

and.....

Postby Sunday Rider » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Dare TB dressage newest "off the track" Guy

photofinish
Allowance Winner

Postby photofinish » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Another colt I bred, trained, and later sold was Done By Dark. He was a 3 yr old when I sold him to a gal in Woodstock, IL for the H/J ring. He's a dark bay with 2 or3 short whites, a star and a snip. His ears really hook in at the tips. Neat little horse. Anyone run across him? He'd be about 9 or 10 now.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:24 pm

just picked up "Shaami"....
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am

I like this one....

I did extremely well on the Trillium Circuit with a chestnut mare named Beaus Gimmick...loved that mare!
Shinen D'or - bay mare showed a little
Grand Jorg - bay gelding showed a little
Arctic Hope (I think that was his race name)
End Sweeps Advance...gelding...gave him away to a family after I owned him for 2 years because he really wanted a job and I didn't have one for him at the time
Briarhalo-alas I lost after she foaled Briar's Legacy, still at my home decorating my pasture
Sinful Intentions Showed at The Royal Winter Fair - LT Governor Cup placed 10th and was top TB in that Class and place 3rd in the TB line class
Romance In Ashes - full sister to above, both homebred won 2 yr old tb this year at The Royal and was reserve champion.

edited because.....wow am I dating myself with the first few horses....Grand Jorg and Arctic Hope......

drewsbadboy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby drewsbadboy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Sorry this is late, but I just joined.

My tbs are:

Dixie Diamond (Gelding)
Radiant Angel (Mare)
Groovy Kat (Gelding)
Lucky Irish Brat (Gelding)
Drew's Bad Boy (Gelding)
Shawnee's Comet (Gelding)- not TB, he's QH/Arab, but I've had him for 17 yrs
Shardelisada (Mare) and her 2009 Swain Colt

Runnerandrider
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Runnerandrider » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Ohh, this is fun!
Currently own:
Signal Caller (stallion, starting eventing)
Premier Amour (mare)
Brownpaperpackage (mare)
Virginia Tribute (mare, actually a homebred filly by my late stallion)
used to own
The Violator (gelding, now eventing, thank goodness under a different name)
Sporty John (gelding, also eventing)
Wind Blown Clown (gelding, now doing jumpers)
Saracen Gold (mare, now doing hunters/broodmare)
Farm Lady (stolen, missing 6 years now)
She's Not a Jake (retired mare)
Last edited by Runnerandrider on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Here's mine:

Kissin It Away
Time on Target
Miss Peachblossom
Richard's Legacy
Blue Chip Lynn
Dancing for Glory
Majestic Miracle
Hard Chip
Special Charity
The Shoe Prince
Jeopardize
He's Beautiful
Is It
Og's Mistress (Standardbred)
Mom Liked You Best
Dance With Me Papa
Dance on Top
Cherished Spirit
Good Picker
Bolshoi Bullseye
Go Rosebud
All Circuits Go
Field Princess
Spoolproof
Beek of Cairo
Triga
Notanother Natalie
Crave's Dolly
Full Blast
Along for the Ride
Refinery
Lochanara (GB)
Bejing
Target Acquired
Tent (Ire)
Nuther Gold Mine
Easter Candy
Daniel Moon (10%)
At least 10 tattooed TBs that are unidentified
At least 10 more that I bought off the track and rehomed

I'm sure I've missed a few of the named ones. In fact, I'm missing two horses I have right now but I can't think of who are the 18th and 19th horses in the big pasture! It's sad when there are so many you can't even rattle them all off. Guess I'll have to edit later. Some of these are ones I've bred and/or raced, some are ones I bought after their race careers, some are young yet.
Last edited by majxmom on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Notanothernatalie is familiar to me. I'm here on my blackberry -- no computer-- so can't look her or her progeny up but one of her babies must be currently racing in socal.

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:39 pm

docjocoy wrote:Notanothernatalie is familiar to me. I'm here on my blackberry -- no computer-- so can't look her or her progeny up but one of her babies must be currently racing in socal.

Her first foal Little Geezer was a tiny little crooked thing, but was really, really fast. He broke his maiden in his first start at GGF or BM, and broke his knee in his third start when a horse crashed into him and he propped his knee out to balance himself. He came back and won three more cheap races before retiring.

She produced a stakes winner by Western Fame called Luck and Fame. She sold at Keeneland in foal earlier this year, as I recall. She was sandwiched in between a bunch of hundred granders, but I think she brought around $20,000.

Other winning foals are Neiman the Saint, Don't Jinx It (by Chullo), and Natalies City Dude (by Gotham City) who is currently running at TuP. Her 2008 foal will be named Brother Neiman. I bought her and the 2008 foal from the Barretts sale in October, and sold the colt in about an hour from someone who missed the bidding but really wanted the colt because he had owned Neiman the Saint (seemed like a really nice man). I only saw the colt for about 10 seconds, but he was a grand looking thing (full brother to Luck and Fame). She is not pregnant for 2009. She was previously owned by Applebite Farms and then briefly by Cardiff. Very pretty, smallish mare, chestnut with a blaze and two white feet. Xtra Heat is under the second dam, so it's a small, racy family. She is a cribber, but I'm working on that!
"When I am on my deathbed, I imagine I will say, 'Thank God I did that'" - Arthur Hancock, on buying back Gato del Sol from Europe after Exceller was killed in a slaughterhouse in Sweden.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh that's where I saw her. I was at that sale. Nice mare. You'd think I would have remembered. I guess my mind is time warped from travelling across the country. Did you breed her this year?

equestriandynamo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby equestriandynamo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:36 am

i have a little mare out of Reddy Heat.
not that anyone really cares. but i thought i'd join in here.

mini's mom
Allowance Winner

thoroughbreds that you own

Postby mini's mom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:27 pm

mine are

famous woman
sinful betty
virtuous prospect
nile flirt
flirtnwithreign
lemhi treasure
chaseyoursecreatry
chasentheclipse

grass horses and old ladies

thanks
minis mom

majxmom
Grade I Winner

Postby majxmom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:11 pm

docjocoy wrote:Oh that's where I saw her. I was at that sale. Nice mare. You'd think I would have remembered. I guess my mind is time warped from travelling across the country. Did you breed her this year?

That was actually the third time Notanother Natalie went through Barretts, so you may have seen her several times. I was the underbidder the other two times, so I was glad to get her this time. With the economy, I figured I'd be the only bidder, and I was.

I've considered breeding to Western Fame again or Jet West, but I have two 2008 foals and a 2009 coming, so that's enough young ones to try to get to the track in the next few years. I bid on a Western Fame season at a charity auction, but I was outbid and let it go.

mini's mom
Allowance Winner

thoroughbreds that I own /have owned

Postby mini's mom » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:21 am

famous has her mr p traits -ie big front end - poor hind end - sort ofnarrow in the front - she is a huge mare - l6.3 or better with a huge shoulder - and is lightning fast -

the only reason that I have her is that she was nerve blocked (by a trainer of mike gill) , run with a broken foot & fractured pastern & totally broke down on the track and was going to the meat man the next day - I was working at the track and the time and the woman who was her jockey came and asked me to please get out of this situation

famous is a nice mare, very good to work on & would make a super mom only if I could find a stallion (in the new england area) that has no mr p at all - the only ones around here are a horse called tuxedo landing but the woman has not responded to any inquiries about him & a horse named sundance ridge (by cox ridge) & the horse died in 2007 - so I am out of luck so far -

I did e mail the farm in ca where farmous came from and told the people who bred her what had happened and she was safe and has a good home

susan (mini's mom)

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am

I have a 1999 gelding named Clint, by Here We Come (Mr. P) out of Meriledo (Slewledo).
Haven't done anything with him as I got cancer shortly after I bought him and have been dealing with that but am now ready to ride so am looking for a trainer.
Clint had 3 outs ($10,000 claiming) as a 4-year old, ran 4th in all of them after leading by a length or so up until the stretch in 1-mile races. I saw his races on the internet and he was either a rabbit or in the wrong distances. Also, it was Iowa in August and he hates the heat. I bought him from a guy who bought and resold horses who got him at an auction in Kansas City.
Inbreeding: Count Fleet 5S X 5S
Bold Ruler 5D X 5D
Dosage Profile: 11 2 9 2 0
Dosage Index: 2.69
Center of Distribution: +0.92
(SPR=22; CPI=0.1)
I'd be interestd to know what the above means if anyone would be so kind as to let me know, I'd appreciate it. Seems like I tried to figure it out once and determined he should have been a sprinter but I don't know if I was interpreting correctly. He looks exactly like Count Fleet and can jump over anything.