Tevez.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Tevez.

Postby wilf » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:11 pm

I have a little Running Stag 3yr old gelding called Tevez who broke his maiden cheap at Mountaineer on Sept 1st. He paid $54 as he had shown nothing in 4 starts previous and only comes to life at feedtime but I trained him lately with blinkers and hoped they would make him focus and it appears that they did in the race. He was hammered at the start going 5 1/2 furlongs and was a clear last but circled the field to get up in a photo. The funny thing is that I named him after a great soccer player at Manchester United and at the finish the announcer said " It/s very close but I don't think he's offside". That was quick thinking and I guess the locals had no idea what he was on about but I was still numb from the shock and missed it too until I played the replays next day.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm

Congratulations on the win. I hope you had a bunch of win tickets on him.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh God I would never bet on anything that I trained!!! I may try him in a nw2 life on the Tapeta surface at Presque Isle before their meet ends. I worked him at OBS on a similar surface and he seemed to like it. It's only a couple of hours from Mountaineer too!

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:46 pm

I wish you great luck on your next outing, though he seems to make his own luck and good for him.
Nu

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:51 am

:D Kudos to you wilf! Please keep me posted about Tevez's next out. Personally, I believe it is bad luck to bet on a horse you are training. However, the trainer's PALS can bet. :lol:
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey Madelyn , "Tevvy" ran a nice 3rd on the raise at Presque Isle and looked a little unlucky to be honest.....26/1 again. I wanted to run him here at the Mountain again but there were 30 entries so I may try next friday a notch higher as he may not get in again until December. If there are any setbacks he can just jump on a van and go home to Florida for the winter. I feel for these poor nags here. It should be called "Jim Morrison Downs" after his famous line "No One Here Gets Out Alive". I see horses here that have made a half $Million and are cooked but still dragging their sore bodies out at night for a pittance. Yes I know , some horses don't like farm life! It still burns me though.

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Discovery » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:21 am

hey Wilf, I watched him run sept 1. His name caught my eye at first because I love Tevez...then I noticed you trained him so I had to watch. I wish I had bet on him! I also wish Tevez had come to liverpool :lol:

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:00 am

I looked at the replay of the 9/23 run at Presque Isle - it looks like he got boxed in quite a bit. I've put him in my virtual stable - hope you get him in Friday!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Now I wish I had named him Giggs after the best all around player over the past 25 years,especially after Tevez went to play for Man City. Oh well it's still nice to win any race with him since I bought him for $1300 as a weanling. I had his mother at my place when Stronach's people bought him from the owner to breed to Running Stag, she was a hard knocker and I hope he lasts as long but he grew up pretty crooked in front so I will have to play it by ear.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Well it wasn't pretty the other night! Murphy is not happy near the rail until he has no choice. The new surface here at Mountaineer is fine but he struggles through it. Presque Isle is closed now and the prospect of being here all winter does not impress me or my horses. I may surface at Houston if I can get stalls, nice main track and turf. There are literally hundreds of horses in the entries each day here. I shall be doing some deep thinking this month.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:00 am

Wilf,
Good luck with Tev and hope you do find a turf spot for him. As you know, I love Cozzene and all his descendants (have a barn full), and I'll bet Tev will love the weeds!

Denise

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:51 am

Wilf, get him (tevez) as soon as possible to the turf, and he wil be earning
his livings include trainingcosts no doubt about that

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for your input folks. I know it is all coming from years of experience ,both good and not so good. I would love to try the winter turf somewhere however many tracks have eligibilty clauses where a horse that has run below a certain price is not preferred at the draw. With the size of entries for grass at winter venues such as Tampa,the likelihood of getting in a race is zero. I guess a winter off may not be the worst thing eh? I entered two this weekend for Mountaineer and ended up on the also eligibles. Most races here have many excluded and even when there are 40 entries they never split a race or re-use it as they simply have no need to. Finally ,how is the Turfway synthetic shaping up these days?

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 am

Well I guess my whining worked eventually as my old gelding Galaxy got the job done last night at 28/1. It was great after all his frustrations since his Colonial Downs win. The entries here are ballistic now as my last 7 entries have all been excluded.............sheeesh!

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Good for you, and many more in the future.
Nu