Gato Negro--what color is he? Black horses...

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Sunday Silence

Gato Negro--what color is he? Black horses...

Postby Sunday Silence » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:08 pm

I am gathering names of current horses in training who are registered black and want to know if he is? Thanks. His dam is grey and his sire is chestnut.

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:28 pm

I just added a friends filly to the database. She is registered black, only a yearling her name is R Socialbutterfly.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:06 pm

Sunday, the Jockey Club has two horses with that name: a 1995 Argentina-bred horse by Catskill out of Aridryada, and a 2000 gelding by Tabasco Cat out of Blacktie Bid.
Rocking H

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:57 pm

Various weeks ago, I posted a message about a very talented French juvenile black colt who won a graded stakes in France earlier this year. His name is HELIOS QUERCUS (2002) and he is an officially registered black colt. His pedigree can be seen here in the database.

On that occassion, my message about him was located at the following login:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... highlight=

Enjoy. Blessings,

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:05 am

Sunday Silence, his picutre was up on the NE Canter site as he was recently for sale, just looked at the sit and don't see it still. He was an absolute Grey, from the picture, dapples and all. I am not sure of my memory, he may have been entire.
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket!

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:07 am

Thanks, everybody. I hope to be doing a website for black Thoroughbreds in the near future.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:31 am

A site for black Thoroughbreds would be great! Don't forget to put there the great INTENTIONALLY, who was a track and world record setter. If you need occasional opinions and TB names don't hesitate to ask.

Blessings,

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:07 am

SS - Here is a pick of a horse who is called black, don't know if she really is, on a Canter site, name Voodoo Valentine, by Flying Pidgeon.
http://www.canterusa.org/pennsylvania/horses/index.htm

Also on that page, same thing a mare Deerview Lady.

Another on that page is called check by check, referred to as a "true black" no white.

camohn
Starters Handicap

Postby camohn » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:40 am

Bush Won is registered as dkb/br but looks black to me in his old Stallion Register photo.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:49 am

Jorge, Voodoo Valentine's pictures show a little brown in her muzzle. Check by Check appears all black in all three pix. Toby, listed as black, is definitely dark brown. Deerview Lady appears black in her one photo, can't be sure without other views.
Rocking H

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:35 pm

As I know nothing, will a "true" black stay black all its life, and will it retain its black color even in the sun?

Is there a difference in skin color between a bay and a black?

Also - were any of the horse who played "The Black" in the movie The Black Stallion thoroughbreds? I am assuming they were like andalusion and ay-rabs, but I thought I would ask, since the topic is black and I like em, and am interested in black TBs, a little bit. :wink:

Ruffian
Starters Handicap

Postby Ruffian » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:48 pm

Another one- didn't see her but she is listed in the Tattersalls cat as Black.

SERRIERA (FR) Highest Honor (Grey) x Sevilliana (GB)

Good Luck!

(I don't believe you'll find any Blacks with GB or IRE as their suffix as Weatherbys doesn't register Blacks only Dark Bay or Brown)

:D

Joie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Joie » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:23 pm

When you get around to it....I have a black TB mare, registered as black with the Jockey Club. She is a fading black...meaning she is a true genetic black (no brown on her soft points, ever) but her body does fade a bit in summer, as she is at pasture 24/7. She has produced 3 blacks by brown stallions, and one chestnut.
She'd love to be on another website!
Four Leaf Farm
Proud Breeder of Trakehner and Anglo-Trakehner Sporthorses

blackstallion
Suckling

Postby blackstallion » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:36 pm

We own a Jockey Club registered black stallion named Katahdin, born in 1999. He did not race, born in July. You can see photos of him at our website.

Dalene Knight
Weanling

Registered black Thoroughbreds

Postby Dalene Knight » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Are you interested in JC registered black weanlings? "Painting Shadows" is a true black with just grand white sabino markings. She is by Airdrie Apache and out of the registered black KY mare "Playfull Devil". This filly is the full sister to the true black sabino "Painting Freedom". I have applied for the registration of two other black sabino weanlings however do not have their papers back from TJC.
PAINTED DESERT FARM STALLIONS: PAINTING FREEDOM (JC AND APHA), COUNT ME IN (JC AND APHA), MATRICULE , BLACK HOMOZYGOUS
"COLORED THOROUGHBREDS GENTLY RAISED WITH A LIFETIME OF GOOD HEALTH IN MIND"