Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Locating Mares
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 am 
Suckling

Can anyone help me by letting me know how i could possibly find the where abouts of these Mares,or if anyone knows of any of these please.

These are all Mares from Quiet American.

Quiet Mint
Kilmorey
Whispered
Gabby American
Quiet Liberty
Silent Shelia
Stilled
Twice The Lady
Purple Heart
Quiet April
Fonda
Folk
Fernald
Expose

Many Thanks In Advance for anyone's Help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 am 

If you wanted to get a jump start and do just a very tiny bit of your very own research, you could try first entering the mares' names in equibase.com and pulling up the race record. It will also give you the mare's connections - for example Kilmorey last raced on July 30 of this year and was owned by Oxbridge Farm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:27 am 
Suckling

madelyn wrote:
If you wanted to get a jump start and do just a very tiny bit of your very own research, you could try first entering the mares' names in equibase.com and pulling up the race record. It will also give you the mare's connections - for example Kilmorey last raced on July 30 of this year and was owned by Oxbridge Farm.

I have been trying but i am based in the uk and was not sure how to look for something in the usa,but i will do what you just suggested.

Thank You for your help i appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am 

Great, glad to be of help!! You will find equibase.com VERY useful - you can get free info on horses, trainers, etc.

Another free place for 5x pedigrees, and to laboriously see if a mare has had a recent foal, is to use the free 5x pedigrees on equineline.com. If you enter the year of birth and the mare's name, it will bring up a foal if one exists...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:51 am 
Suckling

madelyn wrote:
Great, glad to be of help!! You will find equibase.com VERY useful - you can get free info on horses, trainers, etc.

Another free place for 5x pedigrees, and to laboriously see if a mare has had a recent foal, is to use the free 5x pedigrees on equineline.com. If you enter the year of birth and the mare's name, it will bring up a foal if one exists...

I am after seeing if i can get one of these mares for myself hence the reason i am looking for one,just found it difficult trying to find a way to do it,was trying google with little success there is a nice lady in the usa helping me but we hit a brick wall so hopefully this info you gave will help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:57 am 

Is it just those mares or just a daughter of Quiet American that you are after? Which side of the pond? The breeding stock sales are right in front of us here in KY.. there will very likely be some QA daughters in one of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 am 
Suckling

madelyn wrote:
Is it just those mares or just a daughter of Quiet American that you are after? Which side of the pond? The breeding stock sales are right in front of us here in KY.. there will very likely be some QA daughters in one of them.

I need one of those in the list if possible i have been through all his daughters and these are the main one's i need to try first,the mare has to be in the usa as that is where it will be staying if i am able to find one that the owner will let go.

I do have a 2nd list of next best one's i need but those are the main one's as the dam line's are important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 am 
2yo Maiden

I would suggest Registration Status on The Jockey Club's site. I checked a some of these mares, looking for a 2011 foal. A few do have a foal of this year and it will tell you who the breeder is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:44 am 
Grade II Winner

Any particular thread to why those mares? Just curious.

jm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 am 
Suckling

I would like to find one of these Mares because i have been working on a breeding theory that i would like to now try,these mares match the sire's that i have worked out which would produce the foal that would hopefully go on and win major races in the right trainers hands.

So it is important that i only stick to the mares that i have worked out or there is no point in putting theory into practice,i have tried to do a few deals on sharing and leasing but at this time i am still looking for the mare i need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 am 
Allowance Winner

On a lark I went to Equibase. In the upper right hand corner you can enter a horses name and if it has raced, the most recent information on the connections will be listed. For example, when I entered KILMOREY I learned the following: http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHors ... registry=T

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:36 pm 
Suckling

I have been using that to get details of the people or trainers of the horses and been trying to contact some of them but not had many reply yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:39 pm 
Grade II Winner

Here's one clue. Folk is owned by Godolphin. I hope you have plenty of money, now that I've seen she was 3rd in the British Oaks. I believe she is already in their broodmare ranks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:50 am 
Suckling

Be a bit to expensive for me that one :(