Virus possible

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

pedigreeann
Weanling

Virus possible

Postby pedigreeann » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:05 am

When I log in and try to access a horse name, the pane for the pedigree shows gobbledegook typical of virus. (I lost a lot of data to a virus some years ago.) I can sometimes get the pedigree to come up if I repeatedly ask for it, but not always. I closed your site (I usually keep it up at all times) and opened it again and the problem remained. I have seen nothing like this on any of the other pages from other sites that I access, which leads me to believe the problem lies with this site. It started just two or three days ago.
There is no such thing as too much Teddy.

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Virus possible

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am

I think it definitely has something wrong.

I had the same thing you mention yesterday. Every so often that kind of thing happens, though not as much as it did yesterday.

Today, it's worse - several screens saying it is not working, cannot "handshake", etc.

Still intermittent, but I fear we'll have a total collapse in a little while.

horseplaya71
Newborn

Re: Virus possible

Postby horseplaya71 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:19 pm

This has been happening intermittently for weeks if not months in my experience as I frequently update race records. It has been really bad today though, I think it's more of a coding issue for the website as opposed to a virus. Maybe they're doing upgrades for the website that is causing these issues temporarily?