My Racing Weekend

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Roguelet

Cometes update

Postby Roguelet » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:13 am

Cometes' surgery was a success! Everything went really well, and we brought him home last night. The vet gave me some really cool pictures... before, during, and after the procedure.

He will be stall-bound for 2 weeks, hand-walking only (which will drive him bonkers.) Then small paddock turn out for a week, then all restrictions will be lifted and he can get back to racing.

I will have him scoped Friday to make sure the flaps haven't crept up over the epiglottis and are trying to heal together, then I will have him scoped again in 3 weeks to get the final "all clear."

He's on bute twice a day and a throat spray twice a day (which involves me shoving a tube into his nostril and squirting liquid into the tube... fun fun fun.) Other than being really mad that he's stuck in a stall, he's doing great!

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Good for Cometes

Postby Denise » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:00 am

I'm glad to hear it went well. Take good care of him and he'll heal fast!

BJ
Horse of the Year

Postby BJ » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:53 am

Aw, poor baby. Give him a kiss on the nose for me!

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:54 am

I'm so glad to hear that all went well. Here's to a speedy and full recovery. :D

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:52 am

Thanks, all. Just got back in from taking him for a walk... down to the mailbox and back with plenty of "grazing stops" along the way. Boy, was he pulling on me! I can't imagine how hard he's going to pull after two weeks of being stall-bound. I'm going to have to start eating my wheaties!