Name Shame ? - Galloping Grocer (and other crazy monikers)

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

Names

Postby KMO_racing » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:44 pm

I own I Love The Organ. I call her Lola.....LOL 2009 She is being bred to El Corridor.

She is in foal now, this is her first foal She was a very good race horse. I am going to have fun naming her. Will sell her baby by Wildcat Heir as a weanling.

Here's a few names for fun
Heir tight
I'm a naugthy girl ( if its a filly)
lovin heir
hard times
Thanks,

Kathy

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:42 pm

What a neat mare! And yes, she did have quite a lot of talent. How did you end up with her? Would love to see her bred to Indian Charlie, as he got a good'un (Indian Blessing) from a Flying Chevron mare. I like Wildcat Heir and Mr Greeley, too! Good luck with her!
Michael Slezak
Bargain Blueblood
[email protected]
917.455.0693 (cell)

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

names

Postby KMO_racing » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:04 pm

I did some trading a ended up with her. She is a nice mare. She a tough mare too! She has the biggest gaskins I have ever seen on a mare. Almost looks abnormal. I hope she throughs me a nice baby.

I tried to get to Indian Charkie, no deals on him, shot me down cold. i love him. So she has a date with El Corridor.
Thanks,

Kathy

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Just poking around to see how Real Quiet's been doing as a sire (tiny crops right now) and followed one filly's female line all the way back, just for kicks. Found one of the most strange names I've ever come across. Bloody Buttocks. I gathered he had red marks on his shoulders, but still, ew.

Any doozies this year on the Derby trail we want to take note of? We haven't done this is a little while.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Brogan
2yo Maiden

Re: Names

Postby Brogan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:47 am

Fanlew wrote:I own I Love The Organ. I call her Lola.....LOL 2009 She is being bred to El Corridor.

She is in foal now, this is her first foal She was a very good race horse. I am going to have fun naming her. Will sell her baby by Wildcat Heir as a weanling.

Here's a few names for fun
Heir tight
I'm a naugthy girl ( if its a filly)
lovin heir
hard times

Heiry Organ?

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm

lovely name. go for it!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 am

in the 70"s a race gelding named "Slowbutsure" and what about the mare "No class" who sure outclass that name anyway,and one named "L'effeuilleuse"(french for stripper)
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:04 pm

While browsing through some of the Keeneland saless catalogues I found the awful name "Ive gota bad liver" :P She's a '97 mare by Mt.Livermore and she's stakes placed.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

westover
Allowance Winner

Postby westover » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Mood Swings, remember the mare "she ain't much" that is horrible.. I didn't read the 18 pages of posts so I am not sure if she was mentioned but that poor girl didn't deserve such a name..

How about SeeyounextTuesday LOL

Hoofhearted LOL

:lol:
Horse Radish

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 am

Hello,
would you belive it, a granddaughter of the below named broodmare was listed in the German Yearlings sales catalogue of the "BBAG"
(Lot 228 Dalakhani - Otelcaliforni by Gulch). Lets hope her descent got a more decent name.

While browsing through some of the Keeneland saless catalogues I found the awful name "Ive gota bad liver" She's a '97 mare by Mt.Livermore and she's a stakeswinner.

Btw, here in my homecountry are racing some horses with a silimar "weird" name, but there are refuse an English translation or the fun would be "lost in translation".

Regards, Bettina

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 am

geowarrior wrote:As a native of Britain I personally am looking forward to the mating of Silver Knockers with Golden Balls.

I am in a fantasy stable group. I had both of them in my stable at the same time.

Lisann
Allowance Winner

Postby Lisann » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 am

Knew of a horse that ran at Fairmount Park - No Factor

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:16 am

Isn't there a "Bad Action"?
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.

----Arrested Development

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:02 am

cash for clunkers
onalimb

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Re: Name Shame ? - Galloping Grocer (and other crazy moniker

Postby Heidilady » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:19 pm

I've thought of adding weird names to this periodically, but I'd always forget. Time for a new one. I was looking at the Fasig Tipton August sales catalog and spotted a filly out of...ready?...Thmoruplathlesupay aka 'the more you play the less you pay.' Wow what a hot mess of a name. It'll be worth watching the sale today to see the auctioneer tackle it. If he hasn't noticed and practiced (and I bet he does), it'll be pretty evident.

Side note/question: Is everybody on summer vacation or something? Was rather surprised at how infrequently people posted these days.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"