EquiNoni; Noni Juice

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Roguelet

EquiNoni; Noni Juice

Postby Roguelet » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:23 pm

:?: Has anyone tried the Noni juice themselves or know of anyone first hand who has?

They have now come out with the equine version, EquiNoni. Does anyone have any experience with or thoughts about this?

Alibhai's Alibar
Yearling

Postby Alibhai's Alibar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:04 pm

my only experience was sticker shock! :shock:

i saw a little booth at the Monmouth County Horse Show this summer and i took a look. i was interested in her schpiel until i saw the price. i'll pay $30/gal for rice bran oil but this Noni stuff was WAY more expensve! and she did not sell it by the bottle- you had to sign your life away for months at a time to use it. not to mention the fact that there is very little clinical research on its effect on horses (or people for that matter).

there is a little discussion of it on the COTH board:

http://chronicleforums.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=6656094911&f=5566064631&m=796208953&r=381209953#381209953

Lei Owen
Allowance Winner

Postby Lei Owen » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:38 pm

Yeah, I've tried it. It's about the nastiest c*** I've ever put in my mouth. And nothing, I mean nothing, will get the taste out!!!! Charmayne James, 11 time NFR winner, pushes it on her web site, about how good it is for you. It's what made her able to be on the road for week's at a time. You have to buy the "real" deal from a distributor. Frankly, I'd rather shrivel up and fall apart than drink Noni Juice!

I've seen the equine Noni Juice, seem's like it was about $70 for a jug. They were telling people the cheapest way to buy it was to become a distributor. If it taste as bad as the human Juice, I'm afraid my horses would run me out of the barn!

I think if you could come up with a potion that would make your horse run faster, have a longer mane/tail, look slicker, jump higher, turn better, harder hooves, not be a nut case and no PMS, horse people would buy it. :lol:
Laissez les bon temps rouller!

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:33 am

Actuall we tried the noni juice on our horses awhile back. Suppose to clean out there system and get rid of anything in the system. It was my buddys dad that suggested he try it on there horses. I really don tthink it helped them or hurt them.

I have tried it for my personal use and that is some nasty tasting crap. But they say it does work on humans and even helps you lose weight.