Do the Math!!

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:54 pm

madelyn wrote:gosh, I'm thrilled to be a yearling.... no hurry to break maiden here, is there? Not like KY, just so many tries and you can't race anymore...

You'll be a 2yo before you know it.

BJ
Horse of the Year

Postby BJ » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:55 pm

>>>And Cheryl is spamming to get through her conditions!! <<<

:lol: Cheryl! So, instead of "...", "also", and "furthermore", she is doing separate posts. Gonna blow a tendon Cheryl!

Sam

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:59 pm

BJ wrote:>>>And Cheryl is spamming to get through her conditions!! <<<

:lol: Cheryl! So, instead of "...", "also", and "furthermore", she is doing separate posts. Gonna blow a tendon Cheryl!

On one of the other lists I'm on, we have a bunch of stars under our name and as your post count climbs, the stars turn red. The list mod actually had to set up a separate "abusers forum" because some of the guys turned into "Star Sluts" and would just race through and randomly tag all the threads.

edit

Oh ... and the mod got wise .. she changed the Poster Tag for 1000 posts to "Full Of Shit".

The boys got hit with it before me (and flipped) so I had already changed mine to a permanent tag before I got there.

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Ooh, that's hard. I admit I wanted to get to "50" posts, but I am trying not to think about my dead car, and enjoying just about everybody and everything else tonight.

You're right though. I am a bit much
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket!

Sam

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:07 pm

chiggins6 wrote:Ooh, that's hard. I admit I wanted to get to "50" posts, but I am trying not to think about my dead car, and enjoying just about everybody and everything else tonight.

You're right though. I am a bit much
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

hehe. But it's a good much. Besides, SOMEONE has to catch Michael. He's out there doing a great escape on us, trying to steal this thing :D

Joe
Starters Handicap

Postby Joe » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Actually all races on the turf now seem to be 1/8th of a mile or 1 furlong. American based jockeys have all seemed to have decided they want to ride like the sucessful European horses and set a pace of 55 seconds for a half mile and then run at the end. Unfortunately, I don't think they figured out that after the 55 half and 1:14 3/4 that they are in a hopeless pack of 12 horses with nowhere to go. I think the traffic problems in many of the GR I turf races this years are testamony to that. American turf racing used to be more pace oriented like the dirt routes and I think it's a bad thing the riders have gotten away from that. I think they have let recent European successes in the BC alter their riding style when it was just probably a matter of superior horses winning.

Any thoughts on this ? I see it all the time in NY. Hope it's not just me, but I've really seen a change. Thanks for Balto Star, otherwise we'd run 1:24 and change.