anyone at Delta Downs?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

doublete
Allowance Winner

anyone at Delta Downs?

Postby doublete » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:14 pm

Two of our jockeys from Suffolk just headed down there.
One of them, Nathaniel Puello, I would vouch for any time. He is an incredibly hard working kid (I say that and he's older than me), will be there every morning working his butt off for you and try his best for you in the race. Our trainer put him on every horse no matter what. (a lot of sound good ones, and a lot of CRAP).. The kid did a great job. He also listens. My trainer doesn't speak very good english and therefore would always tell the jocks their instructions in spanish (Puello doesn't speak very good english either)... Little did we know for our young maiden he was telling him to send the horse. This last time out he didn't listen and instead he let the horse settle and come on his own- he came out of nowhere with an incredible closing kick (needed more room- but we never would have figured that out). So I guess, if you're at Delta Downs and aren't sure about Puello I'd say give him a try. He's a really good kid. He does ride the speed better than the closers. BUT, my distance horse never did so well as he did with Puello.

The other one is Willie Lozano- if the horse is sound (you all know waht I mean) he'll ride very well. He speaks great english and is also a hard working kid.

And if anyone sees these guys say hi from Katie at Suffolk! I'm hoping to pass along great news after monday (two in at Suffolk) that Puello picked a good jockey to replace him.. We'll see!
Racing and retraining.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:21 am

Puello from what ive heard is a very good rider. Havent heard much about Lezcano. Should be a deep jockey colony again at Delta Downs.

Katie are you coming down to delta this year?

doublete
Allowance Winner

Postby doublete » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:33 pm

Puello is a very good rider.

Lozano is a good rider if the horse is sound. I'm not sure if you know what I'm getting at.

I won't be down there- Willie wants me to come visit, but I doubt I'll get there. I'll be at Penn if I've got anythign running through the winter.
Racing and retraining.