Anyone in England...

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Anyone in England...

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:31 am

That can help explain race records? My new stallion Meadaaar (Diesis-Katiba by Gulch) raced in England and the UAE, when I look at his race record that is attached with his papers it shows several 2nd and 3rds in stakes races but when you look at his equineline pedigree page it shows only 1 stakes placed finish. Curious as to why.

Also anyone have suggestions on what lines would cross good with him?

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:43 am

Hi gerry
about your new stallion.
Just look at www. Racing Post UK
enter his name push on search and everything will be there

Benb
Bennebroek the Netherlands

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:48 am

BenB..thanks but when I went to http://www.racingpost.co.uk and entered his name in the name search it came up with his year of birth and nothing else. Did I miss a step?

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:32 am

gerry

I,am having a list of all his starts and outcomes.
What I can do is scan it Afterwards I try to send it to you.
It is very easy to register with them, i,ve been dooiing myself.

When nothing works out I,ll be in Touch.

Otherwise send your faxnr with the country nr and it is coming
your way.

Benb Bennebroek The Netherlands.

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:39 am

Benb

Thank you, from your experience with racing over there....how does he compare? He is a big striking horse about 16'3 with good bone, and is so easy to work around for a stallion.

I did register at the site but still just get his name and YOB.

Thanks so much
Gerry

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:37 am

Likewise within a couple of days your be getting a number, after that
you,re picking up an password and an username.
So when everything goes the way it should be ,then wednesday
You,ll be able to search yourself on the site.
You,ll notice that racing in the uk is a bit different then in
the states.
When nothing works i,ll send you an e mail with all his racing in
the uk on it.

Benb

Ruffian
Starters Handicap

Postby Ruffian » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:11 am

Hi Gerry,

I already have a log-in on racingpost- I have since the day they changed over! lol- What has mixed you up- and one of the main reasons they introduced BLACK TYPE- is that we call some of our races 'Stakes' this means NOTHING. back in the day people would buy these 'stakes winners' and sell them to the US and other countries as Stakes Horses. Now instead of saying well these are basically like 'allowance' races they introduced black type- or less commonly Bold type- so original!
He indeed was placed 3rd in a Listed event at Newmarket at 2. But I regret to say he definitely didn't place in any more black type races. However the races up until 1/09/04 were graded by a class. (A being Listed and Group, B being a good race, C being a above average, and D-E average(maidens, nurseries, high level claimers), F-G sellers, poor maidens, and H national Hunt Flat). We now work on a Handicap rating- Look below-

From September 1, Flat racing is restructured into five classes, based on value and rating. For handicaps:

Class 4=46-55
Class 3=56-70
Class 2=71-85
Class 1=86-110

The previous classes A–H are renamed categories. They include

A: Pattern & Listed
B: 96-110 Handicaps
C: 86-100
D: 71-85
E: 56-70
F: 46-55
G: Classified Stakes 0-50, Claimers & Sellers
H: (Class 5) Regional Fixtures

**Racing Post uses the convention D2 for a Class 2 race in Category D

He's an okay horse. I cannot paste his form here cause it just goes all funny.
Good luck- how much is he standing at?

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:00 am

Benb--thank you for the email with his race record..looks like he ran a few "listed races" it was information that I did not have before

Ruffian..thank you for the explanation of the meaning of the English races. So he is "blacktype" placed once and broke his maiden in something similiar to a MSW? I am thinking that the races in the UAE must be similiar to England's races so that when he placed in a handicap it was more like an allowance and that is why not showing stakes placed in those races.

He will be standing for $3000/live foal, registered NY Stallion. I am hoping with his size and bone that we will be able to get some precocious 2yr olds. Only time will tell.

What type of mares would you suggest? We have 30+ mares here and the only sireline missing is Seattle Slew (but we are looking!)

thanks again to both of you for all your help

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:06 am

Hi Gerry,
When you get a packet ready for him I would be interested in taking a look. I have a friend with a couple grass mares he would be interested in taking a look at him,

Crystal

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:09 am

Crystal,

Will do..should have something by October 2 (in time for the NY Stallion Register). He really is a knockout to look at and I am finding learning about English racing very interesting.

Gerry

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:41 am

Benb

Thanks for the info...how silly all I had to do was click on his name and would have had his racing record! I did a google search and found a few articles on him when he was running in the UAE, I guess he was pretty well respected although he didnt win, he did place a few more times until coming to the states where he won 1 other race.

Have you ever heard of a horse named ZONING? They are mentioned together quite a few times.

Thanks again
Gerry

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:57 am

What should be the Suffix of" Zoning"

Benb

Colinsb
2yo Maiden

Postby Colinsb » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:36 am

Zoning (Warning-Zonda) is on the database [zoning2].

Ran in the UK then in UAE according to the Racing Post. 11 runs 3 wins, 4th in 2 Gr races in UK including our 2000 Guineas over a Mile one of our top 3yo races.

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:12 am

Thank you everyone for my education on English racing and the history on Meadaaar. It seems as though he had run against a good horse in Zoning and he did run 3rd in a Listed race as well so he put some black type on himself.

What type of mares cross well with Diesis? I have several regionally sired mares (Allens Prospect, Citidancer, Spectacular Bid, Two Punch ect) mares that I am going to look closing at for the upcoming year. But would love more imput.

Thank you again for all the help! Meadaaar is a very nice looking horse and I will enjoy the breeding season selecting mares for him.

Gerry