wish me luck

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:07 pm

Glad to hear all is as well as can be expected. I still havent heard from Halo (hint HINT!!) but am glad to hear that Florida hasnt been washed away. Ann, so very glad to hear you and your horses are all ok!

BJ
Horse of the Year

Postby BJ » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:24 pm

Ann,

Mahubah seems to be fine, TJ has surfaced relatively unscathed...but still very worried about Sandi and her horses & dogs. Still no word. Where are you located? Glad you & yours came out of it reasonably o.k.

BJ

Ann
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ann » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:14 am

BJ, we're about 30 minutes West of Ocala. Glad to hear Mahubah and TJ are okay but we need to see about Sandi. I know she's down South but, I've forgotten just where. There was much more damage on the mid East coast around Vero Beach and power hasn't been restored there for the most part. I haven't checked Sandi's profile to see if she says what city she near. I have friends down South and maybe I can do some sleuthing.

Ann
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ann » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:43 am

Hi Jessi.The only up side to where we live in Fl. is that our area is in what they call "the sand hills". We get no flooding. Now all my stalls did turn into rivers of mud and that's a huge mess. Our one dear yearling boy who came in hurt from hurricane Frances is the real downside to all this. We sent him to Peterson & Smith Vet Clinic and all tests came up negative for West Nile, Wobblers and EPM. I had a Chiropractor here Wed. and this poor colt was totally out of alignment from his poll to his tail. The neck vertebrae were bulging to the right, the shoulders were uneven, the withers are compressed the back was compressed, and there were things out of place over his rear end. He's ataxic in all legs. And as things happen, he's our best little homebred baby (Prince Bobby B X Liba's Choice). Don't have any hope here for racing but, if he can be saved, my partner will keep him as a pasture pet. Very sad because this baby still feels very good and wants so bad to be out to play. Sorry...I just had to let this out.

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:52 am

Hi Ann,

So sorry to hear about your baby!!! Hopefully you will see some positive changes after the chiro adjustment.. esp if there is a lot of swelling (such as from a traumatically induced chiro maladjustment) they can often be more sore immed after adjusting for a couple days. Please keep us posted - LOVE the mares breeding (I am such a sucker for Halo) and didnt Moscarelli/Bacarrat campaign her oldest sister, Heartlight No 1?

Ann
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ann » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:40 am

The vet that did the work on the colt figured he had to have fallen over backwards or possibally hit by one of the falling trees. When I sent the colt to Peterson and Smith I told them about the swollen spot over his spine but, they never paid any attention to my input and insisted on all the tests (to the tune of $3000 ). When my partner saw that bill and the lack of following up on my suggestion we brought him home and now are trying the Chiropractor and Accupuncture on him.

Like you, Halo has been a long time favorite and this old mare is kin to some very nice horses. She fit our particular breeding program like a glove. We should have bred her back to Indian Charlie but, the old bat is such a fuddy-duddy about hauling so we'll search for something nice here in Fl. this year to breed here to. We may send the mares daughter to KY though.