wish me luck

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Sandi in Florida
Maiden Special Weight

wish me luck

Postby Sandi in Florida » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:36 am

OK--here we go again--getting ready for another hurricane down here in South Florida. I'm scared out of my mind--didn't have time to ship horses or anything, and this storm looks worse than the last. I'm sure I will be without power for quite a while, so I wanted to say goodbye for a while. Wish us luck--we're gonna need it.

Horses will have to weather this one out in the pasture--pray for their safety, please!

Sandi
you give, you get
love and protect
and good will always follow you
--Yellowman

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:44 am

sandi in florida

Best of luck...and safety.

Respectfully

judi
Allowance Winner

Postby judi » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:27 am

Sandi,
So sorry, it seems like this one is headed right above you. Which side of the lake do you live on?
Best of luck to you and all your critters.
Keep us posted.
Judi

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:00 am

Keep safe. We may get some power outages and local flooding in my neck of the woods, but it doesn't look like we're in for any worse than that.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:17 pm

Sandi, have you and M considered it may be time to build that ark? :wink:

Stay safe, you two.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:52 pm

Is it not an option to move the horses to the same place as last time? I heard this one's going to pretty much take Florida with it... YIKES! Have you considered finding a different state to live in? I mean, the beach is great, but not when it's on your rooftop!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:57 pm

Actually, my section of Columbia County is known as "Hi-Dri Acres" for a good reason -- it's a 500-yr flood zone. We may get some high winds for a while depending on the storm's exact path, but we've already ridden out 36 hrs straight of tropical storm-force gusts with Frances, so barring a tornado I should be in pretty good shape. I'm 70 miles inland, after all, and the current tracking has this thing going at least 140 miles over land before it gets to my area, which should take some of the ginger out of it.

Poor Sandi. She's not even in great shape if she wants to find an ark; she just has two geldings, not a mare and a stallion! (You did get your little Appy gelded, didn't you, Sandi?)
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:03 pm

Hhhmmmmm.... maybe Sandi could board her horses with you, Mahubah!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:10 pm

If I had anyplace to keep one. One reason I'm horseless is because I'm also relatively landless -- two acres of sand and low-quality pasture just doesn't cut it.

Ann
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ann » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:06 am

Just adding that our little farm is pretty much in harms way too. It's 10:Am Sunday morning and the winds are getting very strong. Dear Frances did sizeable damage to us as she passed and we ended up with one injured yearling. Our location is directly east of Cedar Key on the Marion/Levy County lines. There are quite a few small TB breeders here in the area so my prayers and good thoughts are for all. I'm surprised I even have power and am able to add this. Ann

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:05 am

Hope everyone is surviving... things sure looked nasty on the weather channel last night and this morning!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:27 am

So far so good -- it's raining and breezy but not too nasty. It's 12:27pm local.

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Storms

Postby Bill from WA » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:01 am

Hello

I hope all of you folks that have endured, and are enduring natures wrath, come out safe and unscathed. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

BJ
Horse of the Year

Sandi & TJ

Postby BJ » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:03 am

Sandi & TJ,

Please check in and let us know if you are o.k (Very worried here) :(

Ann
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ann » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:56 pm

Well, Jeane blew out of here for the most part early this morning. What a wild ride to say the least. I haven't checked through the messages yet to see if I missed any from Sandi, Mahubah or TJ, but I'm hoping they all came through without problems. We lost electric shortly after I posted on Sunday and we got power and phone service back about an hour ago. All the horses fared well and we again had downed trees and more roof damage to the house but, nothing that can't be fixed or removed.