Help completing here this pedigree: ROCK THE RAINBOW (2002)

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Jorge

Help completing here this pedigree: ROCK THE RAINBOW (2002)

Postby Jorge » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:34 pm

Dear Collaborators,

Please help complete here the pedigree of juvenile ROCK THE RAINBOW (2002). Please verify his coat color too. He looks like a bay with a black mane but with a reddish tail. He also sports a-la The Tetrarch patches. This is quite an interesting case. He is a New Jersey owned and bred by Roron Stables, trained by Joseph F. Mazza and runs under rider Edwin L.King Jr. He is currently campaigning at Monmouth Park.

Photos can be seen at:

http://www.finalturngallery.com/album754/044_G
http://www.finalturngallery.com/album754/057_G
http://www.finalturngallery.com/album754/058_G

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Blessings,

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:46 pm

Done.

Uh, Jorge. Where are you getting this colt is sabino? He's just a normal bay going grey. The female line is Wolf Power based. Who tagged him as chestnut anyway?

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:09 pm

Dear Sam,

The reference on this horse was provided by our fine collaborator Alibhai's Alibar, who took the photos. Thats all I know but would like to provide more information on his color genotype!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:17 pm

Dear Sam,

Thank you very much for supplying his pedigree. Yes, most probably your assertion is the correct onr. Correction made. Thank you very much for your help.

Blessings,

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:18 pm

Jorge wrote:The reference on this horse was provided by our fine collaborator Alibhai's Alibar, who took the photos. Thats all I know but would like to provide more information on his color genotype!

He's straight up bay going grey, just like his dam. Not even close to looking like a sabino .. and nothing to indicate that he would be a 'subtle sabino' either.

Just to let you know, his 2nd dam, Miss Dancing Wolf, is in the system with no birth year. Unfortunately, she's also got more than 3 foals in the system so I can't just put in a birth year. Getting Miles to fix it is like pulling teeth from a duck so the only way I'm going to be able to do it is to delete all her foals (and any grandfoals, including Rock The Rainbow), let the system reset tonight (and I still haven't figured out when the reset goes thru) and then add them all back in tomorrow ... but at least they'll have race records and earnings when I'm done.

I'll take them out late tonight and hopefully have them all back in by 7am tomorrow (I'm thinking the reset is some time around 5am)

Alibhai's Alibar
Yearling

Postby Alibhai's Alibar » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:28 pm

i posted the photo as an example of chubari spots, not sabino characteristics. is he mentined somewhere else as a sabino? i do not recall seeing any white at all on his face/legs.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:50 am

Alibhai's Alibar is correct. The initial possibility was posed by me as a pedigree comment thinking that if he was not a gray he may well we a similar case like an equine named "NOT I". But after reading Sam's posting clarifying that he is as gray it is logical to assume that Chubari is the ingredient here. Albhai's comment on the lack of white face markings is also correct. Would love to see a photo of this horse after a year or two of aging. Thanks you Sam and Alibhai. Great assistance.