Texas Thoroughbred Forum

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Mac
Allowance Winner

Postby Mac » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi all,

I live in Hockley near Houston, but have a partner in Iowa where our mares and foals are. I hardly know anyone in the racing business in Texas but that's my fault, I need to get acquainted with some of you. My new place in Hockley has 13 acres but I haven't yet worked up to clearing, fencing, and bringing some mares here. But I'd like to raise a Texas-bred or two eventually. I am so glad to hear that SHRP had a good meet. It has been nice to see some larger crowds. On one of your other subjects, I am very curious about Grasshopper also, and hope he is a huge success.

Ajo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ajo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Looks like this old thread is starting to revive.

Welcome, Mac! In Hockley you are just trotting-distance from Grasshopper. I haven't bred to him, yet, but have seen some of his get and they are spectacular.

And thank you, Jellac. We TB people have got to keep on trudging with "what we've got," together, and continue to strive for every race day and every dollar that we can get over and above that.

You get it, G2W! Forward, forward, forward, by the inch and by the year and by the TRC meeting and by the legislative session. One lesson from Repeating History is that quitting doesn't result in accomplishment, and petulance carries no gravitas. I love the old (but not linguistically correct :wink: ) expression illegitimi non carborundum. Ajo :D

Roger
Grade I Winner

Postby Roger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:15 am

Gate2Wire wrote:Key, if you ever come up with a constructive idea, you might be dangerous. I'm not a doctor, but I think you suffer from HPD with all the attention you crave. Why do you rip Weilburg on FB when he's the ONLY THP board members who will give you the time of day? Don't you have any breeding to do? Don't you think you are responsible in some way for the reputation & finances of your own farm? You can't go thru life blaming others, that's not how life works. There could be some positives on the horizon for tx racing & you continue to rant about things that DIDN'T happen 3 or so yrs ago. Get over it or try to help move things forward.

Pickard, instead of festering over the THP not having a post in the journal, have you tried calling their office to ask about it? My guess is it has something to do with national wanting to charge tx 17k/yr for dues. The purse structure in tx doesn't warrant that high of a rate so they are trying to get it resolved. I think their rate has been somewhere around 3500/yr for the last few yrs so you can see that much of an increase is a concern

You might want to look at Joe's last post here, it was 9/01/2012. Your post really makes you look a little crazy in my opinion. Maybe you posted it on the wrong forum?????
Loving God, Loving People and Serving = Peace and Happiness
Try it you will like it.

Roger
Grade I Winner

Postby Roger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 am

[quote="Mac"]Hi all,

I live in Hockley near Houston, but have a partner in Iowa where our mares and foals are. I hardly know anyone in the racing business in Texas but that's my fault, I need to get acquainted with some of you. My new place in Hockley has 13 acres but I haven't yet worked up to clearing, fencing, and bringing some mares here. But I'd like to raise a Texas-bred or two eventually. I am so glad to hear that SHRP had a good meet. It has been nice to see some larger crowds. On one of your other subjects, I am very curious about Grasshopper also, and hope he is a huge success.[/quote

Mac welcome. If you use Facebook, you might want to check out Texas TB, a small group of us post there a lot more often than we come here. This was a good page but a few posters started hiding behind nicknames and lying about where they live. They feel secure attacking people hiding who they are. This is the first time I've been here in 6 months and I did not come to visit this forum, but to read some of the other threads.

Try it you will like it.

Gate2Wire
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Gate2Wire » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Rog, you're calling me crazy....at least I'm not trying to run an 8 yr old maiden

Roger
Grade I Winner

Postby Roger » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:50 am

Gate2Wire wrote:Rog, you're calling me crazy....at least I'm not trying to run an 8 yr old maiden

Thats the difference in you and me. I'm an open book and I don't pretend to be what I am not. She was only a 7 year old, but I had a lot of fun with her and I learned a lot about her. You on the other hand can't post on Texas TB why? What are you hiding. Your post have very little substance to them other than trying to pull others down to your level. Thats just an opinion. Its come out time for you, if you want any respect. Makes me wonder if you are not old Zero or someone else seems not able to post on Texas TB facebook are you all one and the same?
You have a great day.

Try it you will like it.

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Postby ratherrapid » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 am

Gate2Wire wrote:Rog, you're calling me crazy....at least I'm not trying to run an 8 yr old maiden

what do u suggest roger do with his maiden Gate2wire?

WaveMaster

Texas Tb

Postby WaveMaster » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:03 am

In the spirit of keeping this thread active for another 188 pages I'd like to remind people to try to use good manners. If you've got to be rude at least disguise it with the use of words. And people if you don't like each other? Circle the wagons when one of your pals is slighted. Nobody wants to mess with Texas but I'm going to start moderating this thread.

Ajo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ajo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you so much, WaveMaster, for moderating our acrimonious verbal repast. Please pass the amanita sauce, and then stand back as mushroom-flavored equine chops with personal interests get challenged and sautéed by Texas Horsemen who are interested in the survival of the entire Horseracing Industry in our State.

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:46 pm

I don't know if you are crazy, but you are very mean spirited.

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Ajo wrote:Thank you so much, WaveMaster, for moderating our acrimonious verbal repast. Please pass the amanita sauce, and then stand back as mushroom-flavored equine chops with personal interests get challenged and sautéed by Texas Horsemen who are interested in the survival of the entire Horseracing Industry in our State.

Please forgive my stupidity, but what is amanita sauce?

Gate2Wire
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Gate2Wire » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Key, you rant about all the folks on the TX HORSE board, being under federal investigation. When in fact, the ONLY person under investigation is you & that's its been ongoing for the last 2 yrs. If you are going to post facts that aren't true, be prepared for the consequences.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Hello Ajo, I am not in Texas but I see that you are close to Grasshopper?
I have been trying hard to find a colt or filly by him and started a thread to check up on him and his get in the Stallion section. But with no success . Can you post pictures of his foals?

Ajo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ajo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:33 am

Sorry about the delay in answering, karenkarenn. Danny Shifflett at Lane's End Texas stands Grasshopper and can help with your questions. (979) 826-3366

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Grasshopper's pedigree has some similarity with Union Rags

Postby Affirmed1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:14 pm

The discussion on this thread made me look up Grasshopper's pedigree. He has Nijinsky and Mr. Prospector up close in the dam's pedigree, as does Union Rags. And both U.R. and Grasshopper are very good looking boys. It will be really interesting to see what type of mares work best with each of them. I think they are standing U.R. for $35K, so Grasshopper may be comparatively a bargain. :)