Stupid question

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Stupid question

Postby Discovery » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:15 pm

How do you follow horses that go through the yearling/2 year old sales...I mean if they aren't named, is there a place (free) where you can search by the sire and dam and it will pop up? It's probably really obvious but I have no clue lol

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:21 pm

you can use the DRF stable watch, but I think they have to be named. Not much help there... sorry.

ZZTOPPERS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby ZZTOPPERS » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:22 pm

You can go to the Jockey Club website (www.jockeyclub.com), log in (I believe it's an equineline.com account username/password), and look for registration names of foals of the dam you're looking for (punch in the year of birth and the name should pop up when you check the registration status). Then simply put them in your virtual stable on Equibase or the like, and you can get their workouts and entries.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:31 pm

If you are looking to do it for free, just google: "dam's Name" "1st dam"

That will bring up any Keeneland, Fasig-Tipton, Barrett's or OBS sale catalog. But you'll have to re-do the search routinely.

If you're looking to do it inexpensively, go to equineline.com, sign up for a stable & for around $3/month, you can watch a mare - and information on any of her offspring who race or go to sale will show up in your email. So again, you use the name of the foal's 1st dam.

Laurierace
Grade II Winner

Postby Laurierace » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:03 pm

You can also search the breeder's cup nominations through the dam's name and the birth year. When the horse has been officially named it will show up there, if not it will just show the dam's name and year.

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Discovery » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:18 am

Laurierace wrote:You can also search the breeder's cup nominations through the dam's name and the birth year. When the horse has been officially named it will show up there, if not it will just show the dam's name and year.

Thank you! This works well