Howdy

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Howdy

Postby jL » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:48 pm

Just wanted to say and let y'all know there was another Thoroughbred race horse enthusiast lurking in the shadows. :D

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Howdy

Postby henthorn » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:50 am

Howdy, JL, from a fellow Okie. I'm an owner-breeder for the past fifteen years here, awaiting the November vote of the people regarding Oklahoma's future racinos. I for sure won't be racing in Oklahoma or breeding here without much higher reward/risk ratios. As for now I only have one slow maiden filly in training, so the expenses aren't too high. We're waiting for a race at Remington for her--Reigning Glory. And for you other posters, yes, my old handle was "Rocking H", which is also the pattern on my racing silks.

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:08 pm

Hi! Isn't it nice that on the internet you can have others to talk to who follow racing? :)

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Postby jL » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:21 pm

Sunday Silence: Yes, it is very nice, indeed. :D

henthorn: My wife and I were just at Remington this past Saturday for the Classics. Mr. Horton had one run in the Juvenile Stakes. He didn't fair too well. :( We did however get our first Stakes winner for our Stallion Notable Cat (his first foal crop started running in 2002), in that same race, so it was bitter-sweet. :D Which trainer do you use at Remington?

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Oklahoma Hello

Postby henthorn » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:56 pm

My trainer is Clinton Stuart, and my mares/babies are boarded at his farm.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:49 pm

Hi jL, welcome to the forum. I'm your "neighbor" in New Mexico here. I think you'll find many knowledgable and helpful TB enthusiasts here.

Welcome back Rocking henthorn. Nice to see you posting again. :D

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:09 pm

Can anyone in OK help me? I sold a filly "Inspire the Wind" last year out of my SW mare and just wondering if she is near a track? Its been about 10 months and have her in my DRF watch but havent seen any works or anything.

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Postby jL » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:18 am

Gerry wrote:Can anyone in OK help me? I sold a filly "Inspire the Wind" last year out of my SW mare and just wondering if she is near a track? Its been about 10 months and have her in my DRF watch but havent seen any works or anything.

A little more info would be helpful. Who was the filly sold to? Are you certain she was/is going to run in Oklahoma? Which track? Which trainer? Is this a Thoroughbred filly? Is she NY bred? Talk about finding a needle in a haystack... I believe there are more horses in Oklahoma than there are people. :D

Unfortunately, our main track, Remington Park, is probably going to shut its doors if we don't pass a referendum in November. They are already cutting a lot of running days from this TB meet. :cry:

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:10 am

I figured it would be a needle in the haystack but thought I would give it a shot. NY Bred TB by Family Calling. She was sold definitely to OK, William Hatley bought her but I dont know who trains for him ect. Guess I will just keep waiting. Thanks anyway and welcome!

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Postby jL » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:10 pm

William Hatley is running at Remington Park (he has a horse running there today, as a matter of fact). I checked the workouts (9/22 - 10/1), as well as the races posted for today and Sunday and couldn't find a horse named Inspire the Wind. I hope this helps. Holler if I can be of any more help.

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm

Thanks JL! At least I know that he is still racing and in OK so there is still hope for her to start.

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Postby jL » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:07 pm

You are welcome. I just wish I could have told you more. Keep crossing those fingers. Maybe she'll get a start some day. :)