CANCER IN TB AND PEOPLE

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:04 am

chiggins6 wrote:I was taught to understand that the definition of baseball is "Yankees".

You had a wise teacher. nodding

E Pluribus E Moose-us :D

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:02 pm

Talk about devotion to baseball, try St. Louis, where the Cardinals are practically a religion. The following episode actually happened in the 1980s:

A member of the "Crips" gang (major players in drug trafficking, for those blessed enough to be living in an area w/o problems with the drug trade; their big rivals are the Bloods) came into St. L to recruit/organize/intimidate the local gangs into the Crips network. He met with representatives of a goodly selection of the local street gangs...and found them all wearing red. Cardinals red, to be specific.

"You can't wear red any more," Mr. Crip told the locals. "Red is the color of the Bloods gang and this is Crips territory. You gotta wear blue."

"We're Cardinals fans," said the locals, "and there's a game tonight. We're wearing our Cardinals stuff." (In St. Louis, even the gang members bury the hatchet when it's time to go to the stadium and cheer for the Cards.)

"You can't wear red no more," insisted the Crip. "This is Crips territory."

"This is CARDS territory, and we're wearing our Cards stuff."

At this point, Mr. Big Shot apparently forgot he wasn't in L.A. with a bunch of his own toughs to back him up and said something to the effect of "$%&* the Cards, this is Crips territory and you'll do what I say or else." That tore it. As the local police pieced it together, the Crip was shot by a member of one gang, his corpse transported by members of a second gang, left to be found on the territory of a third gang -- and a joint message by the St. Louis gangs in general went to the Crips to strongly suggest that they might want to keep their butts out of St. Louis. For some odd reason, the police didn't really strain themselves to try to solve this particular murder, and the local gangs in turn made sure that any new Crips in town came to police attention about as soon as they could be identified.

Strange but true.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Kristie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Kristie » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:19 pm

Norquestor was euthanized due to bone cancer in one of his legs.

Ann
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Ann » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:58 pm

I had a broodmare die 2 years ago from bone cancer in her knee. Her second dam was Isobella by Bold Ruler. Now you have me wondering.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:17 pm

Sam wrote:
chiggins6 wrote:Yankees, thanks, Sam, really. At least you didn't try and test us on the Red Sox.

I'd never inflict RedSux anything on anyone waves to Lucy :lol:

PBBBBLT!!! :P :wink:

Actually....I'm more of a Bruins fan. The Sox are usually what keep me entertained 'til hockey season starts....but this year, I'll actually have to pay attention to the MLB playoffs! Stoopid NHL... :x

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:20 pm

Lucy wrote:
Sam wrote:
chiggins6 wrote:Yankees, thanks, Sam, really. At least you didn't try and test us on the Red Sox.

I'd never inflict RedSux anything on anyone waves to Lucy :lol:

PBBBBLT!!! :P :wink:

Actually....I'm more of a Bruins fan. The Sox are usually what keep me entertained 'til hockey season starts....but this year, I'll actually have to pay attention to the MLB playoffs! Stoopid NHL... :x

*snicker

This is the ONE good thing about living in Vegas. All my teams are minor league (Triple A baseball, Double A Hockey). IOW, "What strike?"

Puck drops here November 2 ... GO WRANGLERS!

wymanda
2yo Maiden

Cancer Treatments

Postby wymanda » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:33 am

Hushing up treatments still goes on. The following link details a treatment available only here in Western Australia & in Ireland. This man has been vilified by the medical profession for years but his treatment works and has a higher success rate than chemotherapy.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/stories/1744.asp

louis finochio
Darley line

Dr. Richard Shulze

Postby louis finochio » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:19 am

Dr. Shulze had a underground clinic for 20 years in Santa Monica Calif. Dr. Shulze a natural healer used herbs and plants to heal cancer and other health problems. Dr. Shulze was caught after the FDA raided his clinic and he was put in jail. Dr. Shulze is now selling his herbal products on the internet and takes credit card orders over the phone at 1-800-HERB DOC.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio