CANCER IN TB AND PEOPLE

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

May 8, 1938

Postby louis finochio » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:38 pm

The headline of the Evening Tribune May 6, 1938 DREAD DISEASE GERMS DESTROYED BY RAYS, CLAIM OF SAN DIEGO SCIENTIST.
Cancer Blow after 18-Year Toil by Rife. Discovery of disease organisms, including dreaded cancer, can be killed by bombarding them with radio waves tuned to a particular lenght for each kind of organism was claimed today by a San Diego scientist, Raymond Rife, Point Loma, Calif.
For those of you that think this was a fairy tale, I hope this will give you belief that this actually happened.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Re: May 8, 1938

Postby Sam » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:55 pm

louis finochio wrote:For those of you that think this was a fairy tale, I hope this will give you belief that this actually happened.

er, not really.

No offense Louis, but I don't even believe HALF what the newspapers print. I've never fallen in the "Well it was in the paper so it MUST be true" camp.

Just from that little bit you posted, it appears there was only a claim made that it worked, never any hard proven facts. Of course the kneejerk reaction is "well they stole all his proof and trashed his lab". Again, this is no different than the people saying there was no plane at the Pentagon because it would have made a bigger hole in the building.

eh .. that's a little weak.

Someone claimed to have cloned a human not to long ago .. still haven't see that proof yet either.

Like I said, the story is a little to long in the conspiracy theory/urban legend department for me.

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:52 am

I just don't see how the government could be surpressing a cure for cancers. If that were the case wouldn't some ultra rich people have gotton their hands on it by now? Also, there's more than one type of cancer and some respond little or nothing to any treatment.

With colds, they are caused by viruses, which are hard if not impossible to cure. AIDS and herpes are also caused by viruses, which is why I am skeptical there will ever be a cure for them in my lifespan.

BTW, has anyone heard a theory that some obesity is caused by a virus?

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:04 am

I think obesity can be a "side effect" of all kinds of metabloic changes, from brain chemistry, organic changes, lesions, tumors, neuopathies, to organ malfunction. Any virus affecting the body's metabolism might change weight - gain, or loss. A direct "obesity" virus. Never heard of one. Not likely. A virus would affect tissue, wherin it would reside, and possibly damage the function of that tissue or organ, and affect weight as a side effect, but there would be other affects, not just weight problems.
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket!

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Okay, being a cancer clinical researcher, I just have to chime in here!

In all likelihood the discovery that Dr. Rife made was not completely urban legend - he just stumbled upon the concept of radiation therapy.

As for the 'evil' drug companies - well, I wouldn't go that far, but there are some shady individuals in the industry.

Now, where is the discussion thread for TB cancer??????????????

louis finochio
Darley line

CANCER IN TB AND PEOPLE

Postby louis finochio » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:06 pm

Their has been Tb that have sucumbed to cancer Bold Ruler was one of the unfortunate one's. Maybe some of our board members can recall the others.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:25 pm

I know of a Secretariat grandson (a talented jumper sired by Bandwagon) who also died of cancer. I'd be curious to know if this is an often -- or above average -- occurance in the Bold Ruler line.

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:10 pm

Easy Goer died of an aneurysm, I think, but was found on autopsy to have cancer as well. The recently deceased Deputy Minister had a tumor in his sinuses, but at age 25 (definitely geriatric by equine standards) I'd think genetic breakdowns of various sorts would be not too uncommon anyway.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Flight
Maiden Special Weight

Conspiracy Theories

Postby Flight » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:07 pm

"If only the marijuana growers had such a powerful presence on the hill..."

Interesting that you should say that Denise as I was always under the impression that Dupont lobbied the government to make marijuana illegal just after they invented nylon rope........

BTW, I still haven't worked out how to drive this new software! How do I get the "quote" box thingy happening? And how do I add emoticons?

Sam

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:19 pm

Flight wrote:BTW, I still haven't worked out how to drive this new software! How do I get the "quote" box thingy happening? And how do I add emoticons?

Whatever post you want to quote, just click on the quote box in the upper right corner of that post.

You can also use the buttons above the reply box. Click it once for the open command, type in what you are quoting/bolding/italicizing/underlining, then click it a second for the close command.

If you are doing multiple BBCodes in the post in various places, just click the "close tags" hyperlink and it will close any open BBCodes.

To add emoticons when you are typing in the reply box, just click on the face to the left of the box that you want to use.[/quote]

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:21 pm

Sam wrote:You can also use the buttons above the reply box. Click it once for the open command, type in what you are quoting/bolding/italicizing/underlining, then click it a second for the close command.

Speaking of ... testing something ....

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:24 pm

YES!!! I RULE!

Now ... if I could only figure out how to center the stuff ...

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:27 pm

Yankees, thanks, Sam, really. At least you didn't try and test us on the Red Sox. I've had 'bout all I can take of Sox, moving from CT (Yankees) to RI (where I work - where wearing Red Sox paraphenalia is rewarded monitarily) to MASS where SOX are the only team even reported on.

Hoo Boy.
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket!

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:01 pm

chiggins6 wrote:Yankees, thanks, Sam, really. At least you didn't try and test us on the Red Sox.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!

I'd never inflict RedSux anything on anyone waves to Lucy :lol:

I still confuse people when I tell them I've been a Yankee fan since I was old enough to understand and fall in love with the game ... yet I grew up in the heart of Dodger country.

What can I say ... Mattingly was hot, and Jeter has a butt that belongs in the NYMOMA. :shock:

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:10 am

Well, I really have no opinion on baseball whatsoever, except, having grown up within spitting distance of the East River, I was taught to understand that the definition of baseball is "Yankees". Actually been a long time since I could say that with any impunity. Just knowing that there are two of us with similar feelings makes me feel much better.