PedigreeQuery Is Not Keeping Up to Date

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Also - is there any reason when I do a PM & hit send . . . it just sits in the "out" box? I've got a message I sent back in MAY plus one I just sent.

Is that an issue of the site (or is it purely user error? :oops: )

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:41 pm

I believe that it sits in the outbox until the recipient read or opens it. The May one may never have been read.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Ah. Then I'm pathetically pleased to know I didn't do something wrong!

NorthStar
Allowance Winner

Postby NorthStar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:10 am

Lucy wrote:While I see your point Jellac, there may be just as many folks who prefer the alphabetical default....or even some who would prefer it sorted by earnings.

Perhaps a better solution would be to give users the ability to set personal 'sort by' preferences, rather than changing the defaults for everyone. :)

I think chronological default is a good idea. That is the way it is listed in the JC and Brisnet db's. Just my rapidly losing value two cents! :wink:

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:19 am

Hello
Im trying to do a search on Foals and Foal supplements. I typed in Foal in the Keyword search and I get the debug. Do you know what is going on.
karen

Laurierace
Grade II Winner

Postby Laurierace » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 am

What happened to the racing forum?

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 am

Ir is now under the Racing section. Still available.

KonaNative
Weanling

Postby KonaNative » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:02 pm

I've entered Queen of Hearts/Thunder Gulch/Betrayer into the data base.
How long before I can pull up the pedigree ?

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:33 pm

KonaNative wrote:I've entered Queen of Hearts/Thunder Gulch/Betrayer into the data base.
How long before I can pull up the pedigree ?

You should be able to view a pedigree right away, but in this case the horse was not entered succesfully.

Here she is:
http://www.pedigreequery.com/queen+of+hearts13

It will take a day or two before you can find her in her parents' progeny queries.

KonaNative
Weanling

Postby KonaNative » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Thank you :D

hotrod horses
Weanling

Postby hotrod horses » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:38 am

why is the data base dumping everything, ie race record, earnings etc ... black type on some horses? Take a look at Deputy Minister everything is gone.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:48 am

Server issue, would be my guess - and yes, it wiped a LOT of info. As far as I know there's nothing to do but re-add it.

I've been fixing them as I find them (at least as many as time will allow), but it's going to take a while. Deputy Minister, however, was fixed last night.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 pm

A server hosts a database so if a server fails then everything is lost. A server cannot selectively corrupt fields within a database table. That being said, a database table can become corrupt and it seems that is the case. I would suggest that someone take a look at the database indexes and see if the links have been "broken". I suspect that is what happened, and in reality, if it is fixed, everything will come back.

A database does not live across multiple servers so it is not the server or servers that have caused this problem.

Curlin
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Curlin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Tappiano wrote:A server hosts a database so if a server fails then everything is lost. A server cannot selectively corrupt fields within a database table. That being said, a database table can become corrupt and it seems that is the case. I would suggest that someone take a look at the database indexes and see if the links have been "broken". I suspect that is what happened, and in reality, if it is fixed, everything will come back.

A database does not live across multiple servers so it is not the server or servers that have caused this problem.

Well put. Does the database here get backed up? A restored backup from before the database corruption would fix the problem.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Something not good is happening to this website. We subscribers pay good money to have this site work, and it is not working efficiently. There is no point to pay for information that is lost, locked, or tampered with.