3 - Hasslefree (by 1/2)
2 - Sir Shackleton (by 1)
4 - Perfect Moon (by head)
1 - Pollard's Vision ( by 18 )
6 - Avid Skier (by 12 1/4)
9 - Edgerrin (by 8 1/2)
5 - Quintons Gold Rush

Winning Time (1 1/16 mile): 1:44.04

Value of Race: $511,300 1st $306,780, 2nd $102,260, 3rd $56,243, 4th $30,678, 5th $15,339

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 pm

Well, if you haven't picked a name yet, for 2004, how about Artemesia? This has been a strange, cataclysmic year, with hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. You could always call the little darling "artie" or "meeshie" well just a suggestion....

Kari
Allowance Winner

Postby Kari » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:34 pm

I met a girl the other day named Ashton. Very chic! :wink:

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:08 am

I've always been partial to the more classic names. Kathryn Emily.

Jordon's cool too.

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:57 am

I have added your names to the suggestion list that stays tucked inside the babyname book that itself is in the "hospital bag." I like them all, with the exception that Kathryn reminds me of a horse currently racing here named Barrett Kathryn LOL! Darren's mother is one of 19 children (and one of the younger ones at that) so he has loads of cousins that have snatched up the best names for their various offspring... daughter Lauren and my Mother want me to wait a week til next Sunday so she can be born on THEIR b day, 10-10. Dr wants to induce me on Tuesday.... which would be fine if he started giving me drugs on Monday!

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:19 am

Jessi P wrote:I like them all, with the exception that Kathryn reminds me of a horse currently racing here named Barrett Kathryn LOL!

:(

Kathryn was both of my great grandmother's name. Both lived to be over 100. We're a long lived line. There's an interesting thought, can you imagine me being inflicted on this world for a whole century? eh, the world's going to come to an end in 2012 anyway.

feh, I only went to bed two hours ago, why am I up!

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:36 am

These days, I am partial to the name Emma. Very Jane Austin. My recent granddaughter was supposed to be Emma, then they changed it to Emily.

I like Emma.
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket!

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:26 am

I LOVE the name Emma, in fact named my best ever dog Emma about 8 years ago. While I was at work the ex hubby let her out to go potty w/o tying her or putting her on leash and she was hit by a car. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Years later we claimed another horse for an owner and she needed a barn name. http://members.aol.com/oneapoe/emma.html (I am the blonde next to my Mother who is now a blonde also lol, with kids Joey and Lauren).

Surely at that point the "curse" is gone from the name Emma... so we call her Emma. Ex hubby ends up buying her from owner himself and as part of our divorce I agree to accept the horse Feb 1 of following year in lieu of back child support, planning to breed her. Fortunately for me he stipulated that in the event she all of a sudden became worth much more as a racehorse then he can pay me the $X amount instead of giving me the horse. Well one morning he was on her and came head to head with a horse that I was training, and decided to open gallop past my horse - Emma broke her shoulder and went down with him hard right before the wire. He was lucky she didnt fall on top of him.

At any rate, I am too afraid to name anything else Emma or I would, because I LOVE the name. Obviously. :wink: :roll: :wink:

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Name suggestions for Jessi

Postby chiggins6 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:09 pm

Dern it, Jessi! :shock:

I was all excited somebody might use Emma, and kept getting more and more downcast as I read your post.

Nasty fall for that horse. Broken Shoulder, eh? Guess you had to put her down. I guess? Really sorry. That really sucks.

Well. A better luck name.

What else, lets. see. See, I like (that's me) the sort of victorian names. There was a picture of these three little blond triplet girls in the labor room my daughter was in, the nurses had put them up, having delivered them, I guess, and they had names, Emma, Amelia, and, what was it, the third one. Was it Jane? No, wasn't Jane. Lydia. No. Oh. I rememnber Olivia.

I have gotten to like the name Olivia. You could call her Liv, or Livvy. Makes for a nice name to have as a grown woman, I think.

Also, Amelia is really nice. Nice like Emma, but not, ehr, Emma.
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket!