Legal Jousting

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

llbean
Grade III Winner

Legal Jousting/Sprucie

Postby llbean » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:26 pm

Hi Sprucie,

I like it; Mean of Queen is 4x5 to Chamossaire. He's a stallion who combines Hurry On and Gainsborough in the 2nd and 4th generations. Indian Ridge's 2nd dam Golden City was 4/4 Instantaneous (Court Martial's dam) / Flying Star, who were on reverse Hurry On / Gainsborough crosses. (See Azeri's 7th dam Painter's Song, who by Gainsborough o/o a Hurry On mare.)

I also like that Caro's Love is 5x6/8 to War Relic and his full sister Speed Boat, they were inbred closely to Rock Sand and that English Triple Crown winner was a son of Sainforn. Sainforn and his full sister Sierra's son Sundridge underlie a lot of successful pedigree patterns and you'll a strong concentration to them in Indian Ridge's ancestors Court Marital (4x5 to Sainforn, Sundridge in the 4th gen.) and Ballygan (4x4x5 to Sundridge, Sainforn in the 5th gen.). War Relic's Euro son Relic is found with Ahonoora in the pedigree of US Champion Azeri, Champion St. (GB-GI) winning filly Park Express (she became dam of top Japenese horse Shinko Forest), top sprinter Case Law (Rated 120 lb. by Timeform), and SAF Group one winner Suntagonal. That's really quite impressive.

Going back a while we even find Relic 2/2 with Legal Jousting's male line ancestor in the tremendous Down Under broodmare Eight Carat.

It's also probably good that your looking for a Fappiano descendant for Mean of Queen as she combines his damsire Dr. Fager with Northern Jove, a rare stallion representetive of the Adile (by Mahmoud out of Man O' War mare like Fap's 4th dam Boldness) line.

So far Indian Ridge and Caro have combined in a French G3 winner and Italian Oaks runner-up named Bardonecchia and German listed stakes winner Dancing Flower.

-llbean

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:44 am

Sprucie, I forgot to mention that Dr Fager and Sadler's Wells combined in Ven. Gr. I winner Aquila Negra and German Gr. I Winner Mamool.

-llbean

sprucie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby sprucie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:25 am

Thanks for the response llbean :D . What do you think the marketability will be of the resulting foal? It sounds like a good pedigree match from what you're saying, and from the fact that I will get Aspidistra 6x4 and Natalma 5x6. Does anyone have his race record as to what type of distances he ran at, and over what surface?

K~2
Starters Handicap

Legal Jousting Race Record

Postby K~2 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:15 am

Legal Jousting ran 20 times with a 2-7-1 record.

He ran primarily on the turf, but made a couple of dirt starts. His average winning distance was a mile and a quarter.

He was second in the Leopardstown 2000 Guineas Trial to Bach, 2nd Desert King EBF Tetrarch S. [G3] to Monashee Mountain and 3rd Fort Marcy Handicap [G3] to Strategic Mission and Pine Dance. He also competed in the Irish 2,000 Guineas in a field that had Bachir winning over Giant's Causeway.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Krista
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:21 pm

The marketability depends mostly on:

A.Whether or not Legal Jousting gets good looking foals

B.How good the conformation match-up is between Legal Jousting and Mean of Queen.

C.Where you plan to sell the resultant foal.

The match-up on paper is good enough that there's a high chance of getting a good individual relative to the stud-fee though.

-llbean

jellac
Grade I Winner

Legal Jousting has been added to database of this Community

Postby jellac » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:40 am

The Tourbillion/Herod bloodline is of special interest to me as a result of my TB mare being a tail-male descendant of Tourbillion's great American son: Ambiorix. My curiosity about her sireline, subsequent research and the encouragement of Bill of Wa, Jorge and others on this Board inspired me to set up an MSN Community devoted to this topic. (an MSN Community is like a Yahoo Group)

http://groups.msn.com/AmbiorixTourbilli ... tsnew.msnw

I have added your stallion, Legal Jousting, to the database maintained at this Community dedicated to the sirelines of Ambiorix and Tourbillion among Thoroughbreds, worldwide. I invite you to create an "album" there with his photo and stallion page for everyone's reference, adding links to photos of his foals as they arrive a year from this coming spring would be really cool! I also would invite you to recommend a "link" to your website for this very nice stallion representative of the Tourbillion/Herod line breeding under the "Recommendations" heading - look at left hand margin when at Message Board. Any news you have about this sireline/Legal Jousting we'd definitely appreciate being kept up to date with!

Yours in horses....jellac