Pegasus at the BIG M tonight: calling all handicappers

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Pegasus at the BIG M tonight: calling all handicappers

Postby Denise » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 am

All right, handicappers: I have to go to the Meadowlands tonight to see one of ours in race 10 (agggghhh, 11PM post), so give me your exotic picks for the big race, #6. So far, the only picks I've eyeballed are Pollard's Vision and Eddington.
Any trifecta suggestions?

bcassidy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby bcassidy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:26 am

Denise, first good luck with your horse tonight. Here are my thoughts for the big race which is Race 7 BTW. If speed is doing well by race 7, I think you have to watch some of those inside horses. As you know, the Meadowlands can be a notoriously speed favoring track and with a still drying out track it is the most dangerous track for speed. If the track bias is not to severe than the race sets up perfectly for a stalker/closer like Pollard's Vision. SO I will give you two scenarios, if Speed holds up than I would take a long shot on Grancentral Pkwy winning and, Pollard's Vision, Eddington, Golden Look, Navesink River and Tales of Glory running for 2nd and 3rd. If the pace can not hold than I would put Pollard's Vision on top and all the other horses I mentioned for 2nd and 3rd place. A one dollar tri, keying one horse in first place should cost you 20 dollars. good luck. BTW, I think the tri will have a lot of value as I believe there are a lot of horses which could run 2nd or 3rd. Watch the early races to see how speed is doing and obviously watch the scratch board as well. Good luck if you play the race.
best regards Brendan

judi
Allowance Winner

Postby judi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:45 am

Denise,
Good luck with your horse, what's the name?
I thought that Pollard's Vision was more likely to scratch and run tomorrow, but maybe that has changed.
Don't you just hate waiting around until the last race.
Judi

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Thanks BC, Judi

Postby Denise » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:59 am

Brendan, I did remember it was race 7 after I hit #6, which is Eddington's post...must have that on the brain for the exotic wagers. Anyway, I like your logic. I love Navesink River's pedigree; he's bred on the same nick as the stallion in which we have a share, Unbridled Jet.
Judi, our horse is called Hesbullievable. Nice, hard-knocking gelding, big heart. Been trying to knock off this A-other than condition for a while, and this heat may be a bit tough for him. He has to pick it up a bit to hit the board, but he's been training well and looks great.
In his last race at Philly, he was slipping and sliding all over the place. He just hated the surface. The Big M's turf course is always pretty good, but they have had a fair amount of rain this week. Currently, it's listed as firm, so we'll see.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:27 am

Pollard's Vision is entered to run tomorrow night in the Indiana Derby at Hoosier Park. How can he be in both races????? :? :?

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Pollard's Vision will run...in Indiana

Postby Denise » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:40 am

Just checked...scratched out of the Pegasus tonight.
There goes my trifecta.

bcassidy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby bcassidy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:43 pm

Denise, well that makes Eddington a very heavy favorite, but I would think Golden Look and Pies Prospect figure in the exotics. With the two scratches I would change my bet to an exacta be now. Eddington over and under the other two horses I like. I don't have the pps to do a trip analysis right now. But I seemed to remember that both scratches were speed contenders. That probably leaves Eddington in a very good spot. Sorry I can't be more accurate, but I would need the pps to be able to tell you more. I would think the 3 horses listed above are the prime candidates to finish 1 or 2 in this race now. Hope you get this before you leave for the track.
best regards Brendan

bcassidy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby bcassidy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:51 am

Denise, I didn't see the 10 th race but I looked at the results this morning, it appears your horse ran decent. Were you happy with the effort? On the Pegasus, if you saw my latter post last night you at least had the exacta, it paid 32.40. Good luck with your horse in the future races. I may have one running next saturday night at the meadowlands if the race goes and we get in. Wish us luck.
best regards Brendan