Shark in MA

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Shark in MA

Postby Crystal » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:02 pm

Cheryl have they figured out if that sharky has left yet?? Fox25 doesnt cover it much anymore.. Her 15 minutes are up I guess.. Is she still here fishing,, going to freeze her fin off if she sticks around for the winter. How did you survive the rain?

mini's mom
Allowance Winner

Postby mini's mom » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:31 am

Hi

I heard that they are going to use electromatic impulses to get her to move

they have created a l000 ft no boat , no visit zone in the hope that she will leave

they hope that the high tides will get her to move - she has good eating off cape cod - why would she leave - and all the attention that she is getting - but she will freeze in the winter if she hangs around much longer

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:09 am

yeah she has good eating, isn't this the time of year some sort of fish migrates past cape cod nantucket and the islands??

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:39 am

Hi , all:

I just got back from an amble accross the pond for a bag of coffee beans, and lo and behold, I struck up a chat with a chickie who seemed to know the latest on the shark. Seems she lives on Naushon right near the inlet where the poor girl has been hanging, and it looks like she's moving in. She said she's left for the open sea twice, and has twice returned! The girld said that she (the shark is apparently a she) looks very healthy, but that they are considering the idea that she might be ill or damaged in someway, though nothing has been observed which lends a clue to anyone about it. Either she IS sick, or she has found a lovely food source, but there she is, lounging off the coast of Naushon island, still.